College student weight loss

Options
brittalexmoore
brittalexmoore Posts: 15 Member
edited March 2015 in Success Stories
t9yydyhg7d72.jpg

In August 2014 I started my freshman year in college. I was maybe about 260 lbs. I knew I needed to lose weight and I was terrified about the freshman 15. I actually ended up losing about 30 lbs first semester from walking a lot to class. While I've gained about 10 lbs back, I'm looking back and realizing how different I look now in March 2015. I still have a long way to go (im 240 and I'm hoping to be 160 by December) and I just started couch to 5k and joined my fitness pal. I hope to befriend some of y'all :)

Replies

• brittalexmoore
    brittalexmoore Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Edit: I meant I started my freshman year in college.
  • holybell
    holybell Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    On the same journey too!
  • gevaisa
    gevaisa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    your progress is amazing so far - congrats! my goal is 160 by august haha
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Looking good :-)
  • LaceyRuth
    LaceyRuth Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds since starting college in August too
  • SamTJones
    SamTJones Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good to see college students losing weight. During my undergrad years, I packed on the weight. So, congrats!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You can do this! Let's kick the "Freshman 15" fad in the butt! I started college earlier this month, and started back with MFP in late January. They keep giving out nachos and cheese to students, haha. I keep passing. Just keep in mind, if we can't control ourselves and our bodies, how are we supposed to control our careers? We've got this! (*)
  • qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love you motivated freshmen. :smile:

I've done uni over 5 years, in my first year I weighed 63 kilos (138 pounds) I was almost underweight because I'm quite tall... now in my fifth year, I currently weigh about 91 kilos (about 200 pounds) so I understand how easy it is to gain heaps of weight during uni/college.

Motivated to join you all and get down to my first year weight. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!