Going to the gym even when we really don't feel like it may result in awesome

Allelito
Allelito Posts: 179 Member
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Has someone else had experiences like this?
Last time before I went to the gym, I had almost no energy at all, I had been sleeping poorly, I was thinking that I'd pass out from even picking up a barbell. But, I decided to get my butt to the gym anyway and do as much as I can - and I ended up having one of the best workouts in a very long time! It went SO well and I suddenly felt really energetic when I started, and even after my weight lifting I had so much energy left that I did cardio for 30 minutes.

Of course, if you feel super exhausted, tired or whatever while working out, maybe you should just save it for some other time, but never assume beforehand that you won't make it. Staying home in those situations may result in missing one of your best exercises yet :D

Just wanted to share and hopefully motivate someone who is debating whether to work out today or not :)

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Very few people will say after going to the gym, gee I wish I didn't go to the gym. Many more people will say, I wish I didn't blow off the gym today.
  • bekanswer
    bekanswer Posts: 25 Member
    I don't go to the gym but am signing up in a few months so I am happy to see this.

I do have an elliptical at home though and felt like this tonight. Once I had finished I felt amazing!
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    bekanswer wrote: »
    I don't go to the gym but am signing up in a few months so I am happy to see this.

I do have an elliptical at home though and felt like this tonight. Once I had finished I felt amazing!

Good luck with the gym, you'll do great!
    I actually had my longest run yet after feeling like I wouldn't be able to run one mile before I left my apartment, so I'll just always assume my body lies before I actually try! ;)
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Happened to me last time I was at the gym. I was so tired from work, it was much later than I normally prefer to go, and my lazy *kitten* didn't feel like walking the 2 miles from my apartment to the gym (currently no car urgh...).

But I knew I had to go so I dragged myself there, and it paid off. I felt great. :smiley:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    I always feel 100% after the gym. When I'm not in a good routine I dread the gym but when my body gets used to it again I think I actually crave getting there and sweating!