30 Day Get Ready For A Bikini Body Challenge!

Options

Replies

• jenn9253
    jenn9253 Posts: 19
    Options
    Count me in too! This is a great idea. Good luck everyone!

Name: Jennifer
    Starting Weight: 161 (as of this morning)
    Starting body pic: Not sure how to post pic on here
    Goal Weight: 150 (for this challenge)
    What you plan on doing: Running/Walking 4 times a week, Zumba, drinking more water, and staying under calories
    Motivation: Lake!
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    This is JUST what I'm looking for! I hope you're all in it to finish it because I sure am, and it keeps me going if everyone else is working hard too! I'm so excited! Good luck to everyone! :)

Name: Jen
    Starting weight: 160
    Starting body pic: (see below)
    Goal weight: 150 for this challenge, 140 main goal
    What I plan on doing? New Rules of Lifting for Women / Turbo Fire / Drinking 8 glasses of water daily (at least) / eating more fruits & veggies
    My motivation: I want to FEEL sexy again!

291kd2a.jpg
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    Sorry the pic is sideways....but it was all I could do to figure out how to put it up there in the first place! lol
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Oh, to wear a bikini again! I doubt I'll do that this summer, but maybe if I work hard enough, I can look good in a one piece! As it is now, I wear a maternity suit. :blushing:

CW: 178
    GW: 168 (6-8-11)
    My plan: continuing C25K 3x week, yoga 1x wk, and doing at least 30min of fitness daily
    Motivation: wearing a bikini is motivation in and of itself! Wow!
  • finding_my_way
    finding_my_way Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to MFP and looking for diet buddies and would love to do the challenge!

Name: Lora Murry
    Starting Weight: 140.6
    Starting body pic: can't figure it out lol
    Goal Weight: 125
    What you plan on doing: Elliptical at least 30 minutes a day, weight training 3 days a week, walking at the park as much as possible
    Your motivation: I have my "skinny" pics up all over the house. I also have several bone conditions that cause lots of pain and I need less stress on my joints.
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Oh, to wear a bikini again! I doubt I'll do that this summer, but maybe if I work hard enough, I can look good in a one piece! As it is now, I wear a maternity suit. :blushing:

My plan: continuing C25K 3x week, yoga 1x wk, and doing at least 30min of fitness daily

I'll be happy with just a two piece swimsuit!!!
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options

Right? Me, too!

I had my weight wrong as well. I measured at different times of the day, so I'm going with my evening measurement of 180. I guess that means my new goal is 170. I'm thinking of buying a suit anyhow, as I'll need to get in the water for swim lessons with my kids. Ugh. The 160s were just sounding so much better for that - even with a full tankini.

Do we all realize this challenge is 4 wks? I initially thought it was five. I'm scared, but I'm going to do my best!
  • kdsmith
    Options

Right? Me, too!

I had my weight wrong as well. I measured at different times of the day, so I'm going with my evening measurement of 180. I guess that means my new goal is 170. I'm thinking of buying a suit anyhow, as I'll need to get in the water for swim lessons with my kids. Ugh. The 160s were just sounding so much better for that - even with a full tankini.

Do we all realize this challenge is 4 wks? I initially thought it was five. I'm scared, but I'm going to do my best!

I bought a swimming suit...two piece with the skirtini on the bottom, it helps to hide a bit of the bigger parts!!! My children are finally all in swim lessons without me but we do a lot of beaches in the summer so I would like to be semi-comfortable!!!
    Kim
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    I bought a swimming suit...two piece with the skirtini on the bottom, it helps to hide a bit of the bigger parts!!! My children are finally all in swim lessons without me but we do a lot of beaches in the summer so I would like to be semi-comfortable!!!
    Kim

I'm going to order mine in a week or two. I know it will be tighter than I want right now, but maybe 10lbs from now will be an acceptable fit? I'm doing a tankini with a skirt, too. :). I picked it out last night. Maybe I need to tear it out the mag and display it on the fridge.
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    Bikini body photo (of the model in the magazine) is up on the fridge as a constant reminder! I decided to go ahead and ordered my suit along with a cover up. :) I can't wait to get it and work on seeing the photos of before and after during my journey!
  • JBatt123
    JBatt123 Posts: 24
    Options
    Motivation needed!!! I'm struggling this week. Words of wisdom anyone??? Friend me too if you'd like.
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    Motivation needed!!! I'm struggling this week. Words of wisdom anyone??? Friend me too if you'd like.

Do you have a suit in mind, yet? Is it in your hands?
  • JBatt123
    JBatt123 Posts: 24
    Options

Do you have a suit in mind, yet? Is it in your hands?

I have a very cute one yes. I think maybe I'll take it up on my bedroom wall.
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    Take a pic with it on now, so you can compare to how it looks later. :) You could even post that pic on your fridge, if you like. That will be mighty motivating for me when I get mine in!
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    Bikini body photo (of the model in the magazine) is up on the fridge as a constant reminder! I decided to go ahead and ordered my suit along with a cover up. :) I can't wait to get it and work on seeing the photos of before and after during my journey!

That is a GREAT motivator!!
  • newbaby90908
    newbaby90908 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?

My name is: Charlene
    Starting Weight: 178
    Starting body pic:
    Goal Weight: 135 Overall
    What you plan on doing: Cardio /4x week and Weight training /3x week
    Your motivation: I have gained about 50 lbs over the past five years and don't want to keep putting it off.

Need some friends for motivation and accountability :-)
  • kdsmith
    Options

I need to do that, great idea!

Well, this weekend was a write off...we traveled to my inlaws who live 2.5 hours away as they just got back from 4 months in Florida. There were my 3 children plus 3 of their cousins and it was total chaos (but fun!) and I didn't get a single bit of exercise in and the food intake was way too high. I didn't even turn on my computer to log on here.

My only thought is that I can't eat or drink the whole day tomorrow as I am having a stomach scope done so perhaps that will even it all out, lol

How did everyone else do this weekend?
    Kim
  • DanceYogaRun
    Options
    Yikes! I hope the scope goes well.

I stayed just under calories on Saturday, but over by 50 on Sunday. I got at least 30 min of exercise in on both days, so I'm happy.

My 2 piece will be in next Thursday. I was hoping it would be in sooner for before pictures, but I'll still have plenty more pounds to lose once it gets here, lol.

How's everyone else doing?
  • kdsmith
    Options
    Is it too late to join?

My name is: Charlene
    Starting Weight: 178
    Starting body pic:
    Goal Weight: 135 Overall
    What you plan on doing: Cardio /4x week and Weight training /3x week
    Your motivation: I have gained about 50 lbs over the past five years and don't want to keep putting it off.

Need some friends for motivation and accountability :-)

Welcome Charlene!!!

Kim
  • kdsmith
    Options
    Yikes! I hope the scope goes well.

I stayed just under calories on Saturday, but over by 50 on Sunday. I got at least 30 min of exercise in on both days, so I'm happy.

My 2 piece will be in next Thursday. I was hoping it would be in sooner for before pictures, but I'll still have plenty more pounds to lose once it gets here, lol.

How's everyone else doing?

You did amazing this weekend, totally motivates me to do better next weekend (I have a terrible time on weekends).
    Kim