weight loss with PCOs.

Options
leez839
leez839 Posts: 10 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hi every one .I am 21 yrs female with PCOs .I cant lose weight what ever i do ,or keep it off even if i manage to loss a little.Basically what happens is,i start my journey enthusiastically,exercising and eating healthy stuff but i never see any change in my weight ,not even a little .Slowly i lose my motivation and leave everything .This has become a constant cycle .Also i do take tablet of metformin daily . So if any one out there with PCOs can help me seriously plz.I don't know what to do ?what meal plan and what excerise to follow,like literally i think have tried everything .I need a friend and a motivation partner who has this similar problem but still managed to lose weight with PCOs,or we can do it together . I personally have strong faith that if i try and try and try without quiting one day ill reach my goal weight but right now i can not see the light .

Replies

• justjack18
    justjack18 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I had it years ago and cut out sugar. I didn't cut it out completely but i cut down. I lost weight and my cysts and symptoms went away. Feel free to add me
  • JediMasterNaw
    JediMasterNaw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    There's a group on here for those of us with PCOS, if you want to join.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis
  • leez839
    Options
    Added you @justjack18
  • justjack18
    justjack18 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I don't cut out sugar anymore since my pcos is under control and I have about 20 more pounds to lose but you can do it! If I did you can!
  • leez839
    Options
    what was your meal and workout plan? @justjack18
  • Okrafkj
    Okrafkj Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there, it's really the insulin resistance that is making it difficult for you to see a change. Carbohydrate control is key, not necessarily cutting it out but being mindful to keeping things balances throughout the day. Exercise daily even if it's a quick walk, this makes your body more sensitive to the insulin that your pancreas is producing which will lead to better sugar control and eventually weight loss. Feel Free to add me I know the struggle and I'd love to help you on your journey!