Weight question for other 5'7 girls!

Options

Replies

• rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    for further reference, this is how I look at 165ish pounds (more or less how i look currently). i wouldn't call myself fat, but my ideal weight range is 150-155, which would probably still be too high for a lot of 5'7 women

165 looks great on you, you're beautiful! At 165, I look overweight.

Aww thank you! I mean I'm technically still in the "overweight" range here. I feel pretty fit and I'm healthy and I mostly like the way I look, but I definitely have some belly fat that isn't around when I'm at my lower weight.

We all carry weight differently . . . it's really weird. I have a friend who is the exact same height and weight as me and I'm like three sizes smaller than her somehow . . .
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Yes, at 165 I was a size 14 to 16!
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My first goal was a healthy BMI - 157lbs (ish). When I got there, I decided I wanted to go a bit lower, so I am now experimentng with maintenance at 140lbs +/- 5lbs. I have a large rib cage and am muscular, so I guess I look pretty lean at 140lbs, whereas someone with a small frame may not. We're all so different!

I am fairly active in my day-to-day life, and it looks like my maintenance calories are going to be around 2100 net. With exercise I can consume about 2400 gross at the moment on average. Still working on it, but I think this is where I will settle.

Do remember that friends, family and colleagues will take a while to adjust to your weight loss. One of my colleagues was saying 'don't lose any more weight' when I was about 190lbs, but now agrees I'm looking good where I am.
  • otter090812
    Options
    syozc4c5jaxv.jpg
    (me at the top of my range)
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and currently weigh 147 lbs. Size 12 jeans/size 6 shirts (dresses off the rack are a problem!). According to that body frame calculator thingy anything below a 6.25" wrist is small-framed. My wrist is 5.75". I don't know if I will stick to my original weight goal or not, but I definitely want to lose at least 10 lbs more, probably more like 20.
  • sevader
    sevader Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my highest was 197 and I'm currently 167... I want to drop down to about 140/130 and then see if I need to lose more or maintain.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    syozc4c5jaxv.jpg

you look fantastic!
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'6" (close enough) and am currently 127-128 (size 2). I'd gotten as low as 114, but have gone through two bulk cycles. Lots of lifting and maintain at 2400 cals.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am 5'7 and I personally wouldn't go lower than 165. For my body type, bone structure, etc, less than that would not look good or be easily maintained. I start looking & feeling really great anywhere under 180. I carry my weight pretty well though, and I am comfortable maintaining the diet and activity level that keeps me in the 165-175 range.
    (I know to some people that seems high, but I have a high lean mass; so this is actually quite a healthy weight for me)
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6.5" and I don't feel good unless I'm 120 or below. I'm currently ~130 and don't feel comfortable. Then again, I have a pretty small frame and not much muscle. I think others with more lean body mass could look quite different at this weight.
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7". I'm starting weight was 185. My current weight is 156. Although 156lbs is a healthy weight for me, I still have a good bit of fat around my stomach. I think my next 10lbs will truly make the difference. I want to be around 140-145lbs. How you look at a certain weight really depends on your frame. Ill attach 2 pics. The first (gray bra) is me at 185lbs. The second is where I am today at 156lbs. bqqp1of835el.jpg
    ffhqtivfzg8h.jpg

• lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and I personally wouldn't go lower than 165. For my body type, bone structure, etc, less than that would not look good or be easily maintained. I start looking & feeling really great anywhere under 180. I carry my weight pretty well though, and I am comfortable maintaining the diet and activity level that keeps me in the 165-175 range.
    (I know to some people that seems high, but I have a high lean mass; so this is actually quite a healthy weight for me)

Everyone is always shocked to hear I'm in the 180s. I think I also wear it well. I'm hoping to get to 155-160.
    I already wear a size 14 comfortably.

River goddess---
    How much calories do u have a day and what's your exercise goal for the week to maintain that weight.
  • lavrn03
    Options
    Thank you everyone by the way for replying.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7, started at 250lbs and currently at 155lbs. I was just wondering about this the other day, and trying to figure out how low of a weight I want to get and still be healthy looking. Unfortunately, I think only time will tell. Like previously mentioned, it seems that there are way too many variables on each individual to tell.

I am at 155lbs, small-medium frame I imagine. (When I look in the mirror, my body looks huge in comparison to my head!) My stomach is really fat still. My arms look decent and my legs are tight, but it all sits on my stomach, and even back area.

My original goal was to lose 100lbs, and because I am approaching this I have decided that I am going to continue going to 140lbs and then see how things are. I know for me, I want to get to a lower BF%, and have a nice 6pack. :) I guess it is just a one day at a time thing.
  • __Roxy__
    edited March 2015
    Options
    lavrn03 wrote: »
    River goddess---
    How much calories do u have a day and what's your exercise goal for the week to maintain that weight.

Right now I'm not at goal - but when I was, I maintained for 5 years by eating a whole foods diet (I stopped counting calories at goal and just ate clean). I was also much more fit because I was doing a lot of daily physical labour, like farming and building things. Unfortunately I can't say how many cals I ate or burned because I didn't count - I just found a rhythm and my weight stabilized.

You might want to switch to tracking your body fat percentage instead of your weight, once you reach the number you want. Two people of the same height and weight can look totally different, because their body fat percentage is different. Maybe just aim for a lower BF% instead of trying to hit a certain weight? I think that's what I might do, once I get back into the 165-175 zone :)
  • lavrn03
    Options
    How do I track body fat %?
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

It is really refreshing to hear higher numbers. I think it is too to get fixated on a specific number. I have friends who freak when they go over X number. So thanks for sharing.

• __Roxy__
    Options
    lavrn03 wrote: »
    How do I track body fat %?

The old fashioned way is to use a measuring tape to find the size of your wrist, neck, and waist and calculate it with your height, weight, etc (you can Google the equation or a body fat calculator)

That or the doctor or a gym could test you with calipers, or you can buy a fancy scale that measures it for you (it will display weight and then breakdown how much of that is lean mass, body fat, water). Or, there are these digital handheld devices that you hold and they can detect it.
    cj94404 wrote: »

It is really refreshing to hear higher numbers. I think it is too to get fixated on a specific number. I have friends who freak when they go over X number. So thanks for sharing.

No problemo:)
  • otter090812
    Options
    syozc4c5jaxv.jpg

you look fantastic!

Thank you :) I forgot to say, starting weight was 215lbs.

• want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and I go back and forth on this as well. The lowest I can ever remember myself was 201 and that was back in 2006. I think I looked "okay" then. My current goal is 160ish but as I get lower and lower I will see how that goes. I still have a ways to go.