Low carbohydrate snacks/meals?

Options
reza787
reza787 Posts: 34 Member
Any suggestions for low carb snacks or meals?

Replies

• twilighteyes
    twilighteyes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend looking into kojac noodles, they are sold it a few shops these days under brand names like 'eat water' or zero noodles. They have no carbs (it's all fibre!) and like 15 calories per 100grams rather than the 300+ calories for pasta of the same amount and really high carbs.

You can use them as a substitute for pasta, rice or noodles, and they are really good. They have zero taste (but take on the taste of what they are cooked in - I like using Lloyd grossman sauces personally), but the texture does take a little getting used to.

One tip, don't buy the big branded stuff that you find in the supermarket, it's good but expensive! Instead go to an Asian market, they've been on it for years and the price comparison is £2.50 vs 80p! Another killer ingredient to explore the use of is coconut flour, and unsweetened coconut milk - a multitude of low carb/low calorie delights are possible. Cookies, pancakes... :smile:
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Think of a different way to do wraps -- cheese and turkey, bacon and anything:

8f1j9r4k1dwg.jpg
    98olf8w1f3i2.jpg
    y87h1akipmu5.jpg
  • reza787
    Options
    Thanks for the help will try those out.
  • Wetona1149
    Options
    Cover a paper plate with double thick paper towels. Arrange pepperoni slices all over the paper towel plate. Sprinkle with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and cover loosely with another paper towel. Place in microwave for about a minute or minute and a half (the longer you leave it in, the crispier it gets). Let it set for about a minute. The bottom paper towel soaks up most of the grease. 14 "chips" = Calories 250, Carbs 2, Fiber 0, Protien 12, Sodium 670, Sugar 0
    Also..there is a Facebook page called "Low Carbing Among Friends" and they have a lot of snacks and other recipes on there. If you Like their FB page you'll receive several Low Carb recipes daily in your inbox. Good luck!
  • reza787
    Options
    Nice...thanks i do not use Facebook but thats good
  • notyalc66
    notyalc66 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hard boiled egg!!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Japanese omelets are a nice snack, or tamagoyaki. Youtube it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Meat/eggs and veggies.
  • gossipkween
    gossipkween Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    babybel cheese, hard boiled eggs, perfect foods bars, quest bars
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    smhoque wrote: »
    try Turkish Shakshuka. it's fillling
    I loooove Shakshuka! It is definitely my favorite way to eat eggs.

OP: you can make tacos (lean meat, mix your own seasonings) and instead of a taco shell use Boston lettuce or Belgian endives.

Also, marinated grilled beef kabobs with peppers and onions.