2»

Replies

• Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Andreake08 wrote: »
    Push ups? I don't think I've ever done one... ;'(
    That's ok. Everyone starts from the beginning. A good start off with push-ups (and I recommend starting on your knees) is 10 a day. For squats, I recommend 15-20 a day for a start off. Slowly increase both each week. I increase mine anywhere from 2-5 every week but if you want a slower increase, that's fine. Everyone has their own pace. It's about finding what works for you. As for the dumbbells, bring the weight up a tiny bit every other week (3 or 3.5 for the next increase) and increase your reps the most (each week). Reps are the main key for getting lean. Give yourself 1-2 rest days per week.
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!!! So glad I opened this thread... :D:D:D:D
  • Childfree1991
    Childfree1991 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!!! So glad I opened this thread... :D:D:D:D
    You're welcome. Remember to eat healthy though. Because if you don't, it defeats the purpose of working out in the first place.
  • Andreake08
    Options
    I try to eat as healthy as I can... Or know... :/

But you're right... :D:D:D:D Thank you again! :D
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    vous êtes alimentaire semble délicieux Meilleurs Voeux
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have ideas on strength/cardio exercises I could do with 2x1kg dumbbells and a stepper? :D

THANK YOU ALL!!! :D

Do you have a medical condition? 1kg weights sound like nothing? Way to small for an adult I suspect.

I would try push ups, sit ups, squats, walking round the block,

Don't really need equipment to exercise, at least not in the beginning, just move about.

Can't do a proper push up? Do it on your knees instead of toes. Still to hard? Do them against some stairs or a wall so your not horizontal and more on a 45 degree angle.

• 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    @Childfree1991‌: can you suggest exercises that can be done at home? I'm currently lifting 2.5lbs dumbbells (biceps curl, triceps dip, triceps extension). And yes, you're totally right: that's what my gastric bypass surgeon told me ("lift like a MOFO!"! lol)

OP, your questions should really be aimed at your surgeon if you didn't get this information during your pre-op appointments!
    Its important that you seek info from your medical staff.

• Andreake08
    Options
    2BeHappy2 wrote: »
    @Childfree1991‌: can you suggest exercises that can be done at home? I'm currently lifting 2.5lbs dumbbells (biceps curl, triceps dip, triceps extension). And yes, you're totally right: that's what my gastric bypass surgeon told me ("lift like a MOFO!"! lol)

OP, your questions should really be aimed at your surgeon if you didn't get this information during your pre-op appointments!
    Its important that you seek info from your medical staff.

Surgeon said "lift as much as possible"... lol And that was it... I'll have to make an appointment and ask him more...

In the meanwhile, and because his answer might come late, I'm doing everything possible to create healthy habits. The lose part, will come... :)

• Andreake08
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Does anyone have ideas on strength/cardio exercises I could do with 2x1kg dumbbells and a stepper? :D

Do you have a medical condition? 1kg weights sound like nothing? Way to small for an adult I suspect.

Don't really need equipment to exercise, at least not in the beginning, just move about.

Can't do a proper push up? Do it on your knees instead of toes. Still to hard? Do them against some stairs or a wall so your not horizontal and more on a 45 degree angle.

No, just the ones from my husband I had around... I'll have to purchase proper material!! lol

4lbs? 6lbs? I'm at loss...
  • Andreake08
    Options
    vous êtes alimentaire semble délicieux Meilleurs Voeux

Merci! Mais ma langue maternelle d'adoption c'est le néerlandais... :p
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

No, just the ones from my husband I had around... I'll have to purchase proper material!! lol

4lbs? 6lbs? I'm at loss...

The hand weights I have are adjustable. Guessing the bar is 1 kg then it comes with like 1, 2, 5 kg weights or something like that. I think enought to make two 20 kg weights so 44 pound.

Bought from Kmart so it's not like a specialty fitness item or hard to find.

I would start lower weight so you can focus on technique so your not hurting or twisting something and add weight every week or two. What I hear is say you doing 3 sets of 10 reps, if you can't make it to 10 your lifting too much and if you can make it to 15+ your lifting to little.

Google a fitness plan there seems to be millions.
  • Andreake08
    Options
    My hand weights are fix... Not adjustable at all... They are a bar and two "balls" forming a whole... I'm in Belgium so I'll have to see at a sports store...

And I'm going to google for a lifting plan for beginners!! :D That's a great idea, thank you.
  • Andreake08
    Options
    Ok... I just ordered a set of 10kgs... And this one is adjustable... :D
  • Andreake08
    Options
    One noob question: since I'm over my calories most of the days, and since I walk a lot, and I'm going to sport even more, should it be logical/reasonable/advised/healthy to up my cals to 1510 (it's what MFP gives me) since, anyway, my dietist put me in 1600cal/day?

Sorry for so many questions that might seem idiotic, but I've screwed it SO MANY TIMES, I want to do it right now and forever.