Social Media Pictures and Motivation!

Options
webuiltthisnicky
webuiltthisnicky Posts: 84 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I kind of fell off the MFP wagon for a couple of months there. Then this picture from over the weekend appeared on my facebook wall:

a4yiazl8smba.png

VOM.

Dem thighs, dat gut, dat face chub.

While I know that I'm not exactly obese, I have been a lot thinner than this in recent years and I've gotten chubby since getting married. That's no real reason to let myself go. The little things matter, like not fretting about what I'm going to wear and whether it'll make me look thin and not cringing when I get a facebook notification saying I've been tagged in a photo.

Have you ever wanted to curl up in an embarrassed ball after seeing a photo of yourself appear on social media? Has it motivated you or made you feel demotivated? Do you untag or keep it there to remind yourself why you're eating healthier now? Discuss?

Replies

• DC_TheDrivah1
    DC_TheDrivah1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's gotta be motivation! Never untag lol. And then later on revisit it so you can see how good you've done since the pic was taken! Get at it & Goodluck!
  • webuiltthisnicky
    Options
    It's gotta be motivation! Never untag lol. And then later on revisit it so you can see how good you've done since the pic was taken! Get at it & Goodluck!

I lean towards agreeing to be honest! It was so tempting to untag myself in this photo, but I keep telling myself that I'm going to want something to compare my 'after' body to post-weight loss so I better keep it tagged!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'd never untag myself, mostly because I will inevitably want to find that picture again months down the line and won't be able too. Plus anyone that sees the picture probably sees you in real life anyway, it's not like they don't know what you look like. There's only one picture of me I've got on social media where I think I look particularly huge, but I can see other pictures from the same day where I don't think I look anywhere near as bad, so I just write that one off as being particularly unflattering lol.
  • webuiltthisnicky
    Options
    This is probably why I don't see anything wrong with other people's photos even when they say they look huge. I've seen them in real life and I know what they REALLY look like, so whatever I see in a photo of them doesn't change my perception on them. Sadly, we're our own worst critics.