Zumba?

Options
Hi all!
I want to start Zumba, but I do NOT want to jiggle my wiggle in front of a whole bunch of people (at least, not at first :-)). Have any of you done the DVD's or played the games? Which ones are the best, in your opinion? Know where I can get cheap ones? Thanks in advance! Hope everyone's doing GREAT!

Replies

• BeachLife76
    BeachLife76 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    LOL @ jiggle my wiggle!! I have Zumba on kinect and love it! I can do the workout at home and not have to worry about being in front of anyone. Also, it goes through the movements step by step. I love it! Wish you lots of luck :)
  • BlissfulYoga
    BlissfulYoga Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in free online videos of this, too! Due to my schedule, lack of offerings locally, and cost - I would like to do this at home...looking for ideas and also like-minded people to be 'friends' with...send me a friends request with ZUMBA in subject :)
  • Nolalee
    Nolalee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Wii? I just got Zumba for my wii and I love it. Amazon has it for $29.99 :)
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Have been doing Zumba at Curves since January and I love it. Have also tried the WII version and it is okay too. Also ordered the DVD's this weekend and should get them by the end of the week. I go to class and just let me fat wiggle and jiggle. Since I started, not so much to wiggle and jiggle anymore. Everybody is there for the same reason - fun and exercise and nobody pays attention to the other person. Good luck and enjoy.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I want to start Zumba, but I do NOT want to jiggle my wiggle in front of a whole bunch of people (at least, not at first :-)). Have any of you done the DVD's or played the games? Which ones are the best, in your opinion? Know where I can get cheap ones? Thanks in advance! Hope everyone's doing GREAT!
    Yup I have the Zumba fitness dvds and I love it. I do it at home where I jiggle my wiggle just in front of myself!
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i have been doing zumba for a short while. Believe it or not, its not that easy to shake it like they show on the commercials and stuff. You just assume, that you CAN shake it..... but its harder than it looks.
    Anyway, when you go to zumba, nobody is lookin' at you. They are trying to keep up with their own moves.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Zumba for Wii is great - very similar to classes, but without the people :laugh:
    The only thing missing is the atmosphere, but it's a good place to start if you don't want to shake your bootie in public :bigsmile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you can get cheap one's but I've been doing the DVD's (I now have both sets) since January and still love it! And I've lost 20 lbs. :smile: I have 2 grown daughters and they both Zumbaalso. One attends classes and has the Kinect game. The other does only the Wii game. My daughter that has the Wii game says the Exhillerate DVD is almost exactly the same as Wii workout she likes best.
  • debbieemmett
    Options
    i have zumba for my wii console..it includes a belt for the control and adds up the points you,ve scored..its really good, give it a go..i also go to a zumba class which i enjoy...dont be affraid of jiggling infront of people...good luck..
  • kirstinalexis
    Options
    Crunch Fitness has a DVD called Cardio Salsa which is almost the same, plus the guy who plays drums for the live music is really cute :]

But it's a pretty old (3 years maybe?) DVD and so it should be like $9 on Amazon. I really liked it, and it's only 45 minutes including warmup and cool down.
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    HI! Hey i think EVERYONE feels like that when they first go to zumba, me and my friends were a bit self conscious but everyones wiggling and jiggling and the atmosphere is great and so much fun! And it keeps you wanting to go back, can seriously see an improvement fitness wise as well as weight.
    If not, i have heard a lot of good things about zumba for wii. Oh also theres a zumba dvd you can buy and it comes with some mini weights aswell for the toning exercises ( we actually use those in the class) so thats worth looking for (they are green)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    We have the DVD's my sister does them its a riot!..
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I love the Dvd's. You might try Amazon or Ebay to get them cheaper :) Best of luck!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I go to classes 1-3 times a week, ahve Zumba for Wii and the Zumba dvds. Just did a 90 minute Zumbathon Friday night!!!!!! People of all sizes and fitness levels (and coordination) go to Zumba classes. IT si definitely far more fun in a class with others and the atmosphere is electric!!!! I would recommend trying out a class soon. I like all of the Zumba things I have!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I was intimidated by the thought of taking a class, until I got there and realized that the only one who was "perfect" at it was the instructor, and the rest of us were a bunch of well intentioned but off rhythm rock stars.:laugh: Its all in the effort, not necessarily the technique-- just have fun with it.
  • midkiffsteph
    Options
    The thing about zumba is that it's really high energy and it's MUCH more fun done in a room with other people! TRUST ME - no one is paying attention to you - they are getting their own steps right! I challenge you to get out of your comfort zone, leave the living room and go try out a class or two! Different instructors have different methods, some are more energetic some are less, so try a few different ones! Iknow you can always try one or two classes for free. Good luck!
  • cszammit
    cszammit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    don't worry about the others, just go with some friends and enjoy. It's really fun!!! :)
  • Blr31977
    Blr31977 Posts: 49
    Options
    I have the one for the X-Box Kinect... Love it! I've been doing it for 5 months and I'm still not bored of it and personally I think its a better work out than the classes at the gym. I just work harder on the game.
  • chelzmartinez
    chelzmartinez Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a zumba addict and nobody is looking at anybody else's jiggles....... We are all there to shake it but don't be ashamed to show up to a class. It's great fun and you'll find the most motivational people there big and small. Good luck missy! :-)
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    I ordered my DVD on Amazon pretty cheap but it doesn't compare to the actual class and it's easier to do in front of others than you think; no one is paying attention to you, they are all thinking the same thing you are, trust me. And it's FUN!