New to my fitness pal

Options
hello
Im looking to shed at least 6 stone and have heard great things about this app! Allowance is 1460 a day so far and aim to lose 2lbs a week if that's possible?! Anyone really benefiting from using this as a calorie guide? T x

Replies

• jade281
    jade281 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Tina

I'm new too and feeling a bit nervous about the whole calorie counting and cooking thing!! Have you tried my fitness pal before? I've looked at it but always just knocked it all again. Need to give it a proper go this time
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    tina2485 wrote: »
    hello
    Im looking to shed at least 6 stone and have heard great things about this app! Allowance is 1460 a day so far and aim to lose 2lbs a week if that's possible?! Anyone really benefiting from using this as a calorie guide? T x

Hi! Whether or not two pounds per week is possible is really up to you. You're a bit on the bottom of the range where that's a perfect goal so pay close attention to how you feel these first few weeks. If you get to the point where you are feeling hungry and irritable all of the time, you'll want to change the goal to 1.5 pounds per week so you'll get more calories to eat. Also be sure to eat back about half of the calories you burn in exercise to account for any error in calculating it.

If you're interested in Success Stories check out that section of the message boards. You'll find thousands.