Which fitbit is best?

Options
I was going to get a Fitbit flex as heard they're good, but I've also read a bit about others but still don't really know what one to get, obviously I prefer the flex price as its a steep price anyway for me, but I am going to be working in a 9-5 office job every day and then going on walks, or cycling after. I just want to know which one would suit me best and what people recommend, thanks x

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Here's a quick comparison:

x07b8yxdtq5d.jpg

What's best for one person, might not be best for you. Pick the one that you think will fit into your lifestyle the best.

I have the Surge and love it. It seems to be the best fit for me. However, I don't think it's a good fit for everyone. If you like to swim and don't want to worry about taking off the tracker before hand, then Flex would be the best fit. If you need something you can hide, then the Zip or One.

Also, check Amazon and Ebay for better prices. The prices I listed, I believe I pulled off Fitbit.com.
  • stlblmn29
    Options
    I love my flex
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have the FitBit One. It's discreet, I clip it on my bra. If you wear a business suit a clip on may be your best option. The good is it's tiny, I hardly know I'm wearing it. The bad is it's tiny, I hardly know I'm wearing it.

If you think you might mis-place this, don't buy it. I've washed mine (I got lucky) it still works great.

A Zip is a bit larger, but doesn't do well with stairs (no altimeter).
  • MarcGreenfield
    MarcGreenfield Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Love my Surge but the HR is sketchy when i'm doing Insanity!
  • MarcGreenfield
    MarcGreenfield Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you like to swim and don't want to worry about taking off the tracker before hand,

Some people say the Surge is waterproof and good for swimming!?!

Im not ready to try it yet though!

http://tinyurl.com/npmfkkp

https://youtu.be/FeYN8HWVj2A
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    If you like to swim and don't want to worry about taking off the tracker before hand,

Some people say the Surge is waterproof and good for swimming!?!

Im not ready to try it yet though!

http://tinyurl.com/npmfkkp

https://youtu.be/FeYN8HWVj2A

I know. It's weird. It has a rating of 5 ATM (with other fitness brands that rating typically means swimming is okay, but water sports are not a good idea) and yet Fitbit says that only makes it rain/splash/sweat proof. Maybe they are just trying to waive liability if something happens. Or after looking at the manual, they might be trying to prevent rashes. "Though the device can withstand the water exposure, wearing your tracker 24/7 does not allow your skin to breathe. After getting your tracker wet, dry it thoroughly before putting it back on."

I had there flex before and used it in the pool/showering. It's only rated 1 ATM, so I would think the surge would be more than up for the task (HR might get odd readings).
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    coming from left field here, but you might want to check out the Garmin FR15. Its a cross between an activity tracker and a GPS watch, so it would also track your cycling for you probably better than fitbit would.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and love it. I do like to sound of the Surge though.
  • jadejo63
    jadejo63 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! Think il stick with the flex as I won't be using it 24/7 due to work. But hopefully every day when I finish!
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    jadejo63 wrote: »
    Thank you all! Think il stick with the flex as I won't be using it 24/7 due to work. But hopefully every day when I finish!

Keep in mind fitbits are meant to be used all day. The calorie burn it gives isn't just for exercise, but your BMR + any daily activity + exercise. If you need something that can be hidden at work, the One or Zip are great models for that. They can be clipped onto your bra or pants/skirt waistband.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    jadejo63 wrote: »

I dress professionally and have worn my zip without problem for 9 months now. Its small and can clip just about anywhere and still be accurate. If you don't care about sleep monitoring and ability to recharge (replacement batteries are cheap) then its the most economical choice.