Breakfast anyone?

Options
So usually I wake up super early to commute to my college leaving no time to make a healthy breakfast. I usually never eat breakfast because whenever I eat in the morning I feel sick but I know that in order to live a healthier lifestyle I must eat something. Everyone's always saying breakfast is the most important meal of the day but I just don't know what to have. Lately I've been sticking to oatmeal and egg whites but that gets really boring eating it every morning... Any suggestions on other healthy breakfasts? What did you guys have this morning? ☀️

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is not compulsory to behealthy. If you want to start eating it, then by all means do it! But just be aware that you don't have to.

I had Greek yogurt and almonds this morning. That's a pretty standard breakfast for me.
  • RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Breakfast doesn't have to be at any specific time. You can break the fast whenever you are hungry. For a quick breakfast I like protein bars and fruit.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    Bananas are easy to pack and take with you -- you can also make batches of overnight oatmeal in a jar with a lot of variations if you have time to make them in the evenings.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I used to force myself to eat breakfast, because I believed that I had to "jump-start my metabolism" first thing in the morning. Now that I've learned that "jump-starting" my metabolism is just a myth and weight loss is simply calories in/calories out, I no longer eat breakfast. I love having those calories (which seemed wasted to me, since I don't enjoy breakfast) for later in the day.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I never eat breakfast because like you, I feel sick when I eat first thing in the morning (I rarely eat before 11am.) Everyone is different, some people can't get going without a big cooked breakfast, others like me can get along perfectly fine on nothing at all, some are satisfied with a wee bite like a couple of orange segments or a rice cake. Eating breakfast every day is not a requirement to be healthy.
  • DC_TheDrivah1
    DC_TheDrivah1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I still haven't ventured from oatmeal and egg whites... What I did do tho is pour half of my chocolate protein shake into my oatmeal and microwave it with that instead of with water. Tastes great!
  • Kristiannag_
    Kristiannag_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback everyone!
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Protein shake for me lately. I was doing IF for some time so I usually didn't eat breakfast. But now that I do I feel that I have more energy in the morning and sustained energy throughout the day. A make a Gironda protein shake with heavy whipping cream, raw eggs, some protein powder and water plus some enzymes. Tastes great and fills me up :smile:
  • Kristiannag_
    Kristiannag_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thank you :)
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Wrong, AM breakfast is not necessary for a health lifestyle. It is only in the last 1,000 or so years that we as humans suddenly decided that it was a necessity. Our bodies are actually quite adaptable. I used to eat an AM breakfast because I thought I was supposed to. Then on the weekends I would get busy and forget till afternoon sometime and one day I realized. I must not need it. I pretty much haven't eaten an AM breakfast for months. Periodically it will happen, but usually because of a social situation. Other than that nothing. And I haven't really missed it.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast until I am hungry. I typically don't wake up hungry and it takes an hour or more before my stomach decides to wake up and want food.

My favorite breakfast on the go is eggs in the microwave. I just throw in some eggbeaters, eggwhites or just whole eggs into a coffee cup, whisk it up then toss is whatever I have on hand. Typically I put in Morning star veggie sausage and kale because I always have those two items in my fridge. Then I just throw it in the microwave, nuke it for 45 seconds, stir it, then again for about 30-45 seconds or until the eggs are fully cooked.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I put grilled sweet potatoes, zucchini, breakfast sausage, and spinach in a container the night before (or weekend depending on how busy my week is). Then I take the container with me and eat it when I am hungry, sometimes that right away, sometimes that not until 11.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i had a handful of almonds with strawberries