I am new to this.

Options
:indifferent:

I am just trying to find my way as I start this very painful and difficult journey to losing weight. I kept a food journal for a while but I am sure I will find doing so online is alot easier. I am a f/t mom, p/t employed outside of the home, who spends too much time on the computer and inside doing nothing. I have had no "real" workouts in over 6 months and my husband and I's sex life has dwindled down to twice a month. I have no energy and no drive to make myself better, but I am looking at it all wrong. I know I have to take it one day at a time, one meal at a time. Please, anyone out there who can support me and I in turn can support you, that would be great. I am so alone and so scared on this journey.

I am 5'4" and I weight 202 lbs. I wear a size 18 and 20 jean and I HATE it. I wanna see inches as well as weight come off of me!!!

Replies

• FLCANDI81
    FLCANDI81 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:

I am just trying to find my way as I start this very painful and difficult journey to losing weight. I kept a food journal for a while but I am sure I will find doing so online is alot easier. I am a f/t mom, p/t employed outside of the home, who spends too much time on the computer and inside doing nothing. I have had no "real" workouts in over 6 months and my husband and I's sex life has dwindled down to twice a month. I have no energy and no drive to make myself better, but I am looking at it all wrong. I know I have to take it one day at a time, one meal at a time. Please, anyone out there who can support me and I in turn can support you, that would be great. I am so alone and so scared on this journey.

I am 5'4" and I weight 202 lbs. I wear a size 18 and 20 jean and I HATE it. I wanna see inches as well as weight come off of me!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    If you're here, then you do have the drive to make yourself better! :smile:

One meal, one day at a time. You can do it! :drinker:

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • FLCANDI81
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words. I know everyone has felt this way, but why can't it just come off? Its so frustrating and everyone is telling me different things...like that inches matter more than weight or walking is better than hard workouts. I am not sure what to believe or where to start!! Anyone have any advice about what works. I have seen my mother in law for from size 18 when I met my husband to a size 8 now, its been 5 yrs!! I wanna look like that but does it have to take so long?
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome. :flowerforyou:

Any heathy weight loss will take time, but how long it takes is completely depedent on your body and what you do with it. Here is the biggest thing to remember:

It WILL come off. If you eat right and exercise, it will come off. As soon as you let go of the worry surrounding how much and how long, you will be thrilled. A year from now you could be as miserable with your body as you are now, or you could be a completely different you. The time will pass regardless. :heart:

Don't worry about the future, just about right now. :bigsmile:

And drink water! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    It took me 6 months to lose 54 pounds. It's not easy, but it can be done. :smile:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's scary to start but it's SO worth it once you start seeing results. The more you work out, the better, and HAPPIER, you'll feel! It's an amazing mood lifter! I started at 240 lbs (I'm 5'6") and a size 22. I hated it, too. But I still LOVED food. It's a hard middle ground to find but it IS possible. Just take it one step at a time. I lost the first 20 lbs just by working out to a 30 minute video 4-5 days a week and trying to pay more attention to the food I was eating. I lost the next 40 using this site and exercising. To be honest, I don't count on weekends and allow myself to eat what I'd like. Don't get me wrong, I don't eat fast food for all 6 meals but if I feel like having a steak and potato I just try to order the smaller one and not eat all of the potato. I'll still have some wine or go out with the girls for some beer. I just pay a little more attention to the portion sizes. Soon enough your stomach won't WANT a ton of extra food. :smile: I'm not done with my weight loss...still have 40 lbs to go...but I feel so much better. I now know that if I stick to it I will consistently lose 1-3 lbs per week and if I look at the big picture, I can make it in no time! 10 weeks at 2 lbs per week is 20 lbs!!! If you need a boost just let me know! There are so many wonderful, supportive people here! You can make it! :flowerforyou:
  • modelgirl
    Options
    you have took the best step already. here if you need a friend.
  • FLCANDI81
    Options
    I have taken small steps during trips to the store already--whole grain bread, pasta and rice cake chips. My biggest downfall is sweets, soda and serving sizes!! I am trying desperately to work on these things!!
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome. This is a great site. I've learned alot about what I was eating by keeping the food log. Put in everything. You will soon see that what you've been eating has way too many calories. Good luck.