Eating

Options
Northernlight03
Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
edited March 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Ok I was wrongly informed....I still eat my tea at 5.30.i just dnt eat after 6 eg snacking

Replies

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Why aren't you eating after 6:00pm?

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    open your diary
  • Northernlight03
    Options
    I have my tea at 5.30 with the kids and that's my last meal, I was told eating after 6 your matabolism is slower and I exercise more during the day than at night so I feel like if I eat late at night and don't exercise it feels harder to move. I'm not hungry I think it's just habit.
  • Northernlight03
    Options
    Open my diary?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I have my tea at 5.30 with the kids and that's my last meal, I was told eating after 6 your matabolism is slower and I exercise more during the day than at night so I feel like if I eat late at night and don't exercise it feels harder to move. I'm not hungry I think it's just habit.

Totally not true. You were informed incorrectly. Meal timing has zero effect on weight loss, as long as you stay at a deficit. Eat when it works for you.

• WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i haven't noticed that the time of day that i eat really has any impact on my weight loss. is there any particular reason why you won't eat after 6:00?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I never get home until well after 6 pm.

I suppose if I started skipping dinner I'd have a bigger calorie deficit, but I doubt that would be healthy.

I lost 95 lbs eating dinner around 9 most nights.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

^^^^BroScience^^^^^

Your body does not operate on the clock like you do. It doesn't care what time it is. It all balances out in the end.

• Northernlight03
    Options
    I'm not saying it is true, I'm just saying I once got told it wasn't good for you eating late in the evening so Iv been trying it and I feel it works well for me, won't be for everyone. Was wondering if anyone else finds that it works for them
  • WeddedBliss1992
    Options

if it's just a habit and you don't want to eat or you aren't hungry then you don't have to eat. but don't deliberately skip dinner because you are afraid of screwing up your metabolism. that is nonsense.

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Totally not true. You were informed incorrectly. Meal timing has zero effect on weight loss, as long as you stay at a deficit. Eat when it works for you.

This.

Eat when you're hungry. Count calories/weigh food. Operate at a deficit. Lose weight. Profit.
  • Northernlight03
    Options
    I don't skip tea I have it with the rest of the family I'm just saying I don't snack after 6, I'm not saying dnt eat or skip a meal.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    Options
    I don't skip tea I have it with the rest of the family I'm just saying I don't snack after 6, I'm not saying dnt eat or skip a meal.

ok, then i don't see the big deal. what exactly are you asking??

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Open my diary?

yes, please.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I work full time so my exercise schedule is as follows. 5:30 - 6:30 Monday evening, 6:30 - 7:30 Tuesday evening, 5:30 - 6:30 Wednesday evening, and 7:30 - 8:30 Thursday evening. My trainer only wants some type of protein for the hour after I exercise so my meals are late in the evening but I have lost thirty pounds since January 19 so I think I am still doing good. Good luck to you. Painting sounds fun.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    the time of day you eat has nothing to do with weight loss
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i do my best eating after 6pm
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Personally I try not to eat after 8:30pm, but that's just because that's when I'm most inclined to snack...a lot... It doesn't have to do with calories or my metabolism, but I find that giving myself a cut-off time keeps me from binging or mindlessly snacking when I'm not actually hungry.

There are exceptions though, sometimes I work late and dinner isn't until 9. Life happens, just do what works for you.
  • MamaWeil2018
    MamaWeil2018 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't know for sure, but if you eat late and go to bed shortly after, wouldn't your body not metabolize the food as well? I notice that if I go to bed soon after eating on a regular basis, I tend to put more weight on over time. That may just be me though...
  • Northernlight03
    Options
    corinic91 wrote: »
    Personally I try not to eat after 8:30pm, but that's just because that's when I'm most inclined to snack...a lot... It doesn't have to do with calories or my metabolism, but I find that giving myself a cut-off time keeps me from binging or mindlessly snacking when I'm not actually hungry.

There are exceptions though, sometimes I work late and dinner isn't until 9. Life happens, just do what works for you.

That's what I meant but it came out wrong