Weight Loss Tracker Incorrect? How to fix?

Options
Hello everyone! I'm sorry for posting a question - specially one that seems kind of silly - but this is really driving me bonkers! I initially joined MFP about.... 3 years or so ago? Back then, my starting weight was 223 or so. When I came back onto the site a couple months ago, I weighted in at 235. Now that I'm down to 220, it's showing my overall weight loss at 4 lbs instead of 14.2 or whatever it should actually be. Is there a way to edit the starting weight the website has you in under???

Please and my sanity thanks you very much!!!

Replies

• kygirlalways850
    kygirlalways850 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!
  • lisaalice9
    lisaalice9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you go to the Help section, followed by FAQs, then subheading goals etc... There are instructions in there on how to change your starting weight. If I recall correctly, you'll need to sign in online (not via smartphone) in order to do it. Cheers!
  • Frelise
    Frelise Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!

Glad to know it isn't just me! I clicked every button trying to find a solution and no luck. It can be a bit frustrating!

• Frelise
    Frelise Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I found it! :)http://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/edit (starting weight at the top!)

Thanks to the Help link at the top, lol. Hope this helps someone else!
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    You must use the Web version, not the mobile apps, to update your starting weight.

Navigate to APPS > Tickers > Update your weight data. Enter your desired starting weight and click Save Changes. That will update the oldest date/weight in your profile.

Alternately, navigate to MY HOME > Check-in > Edit Previous Entries.
    a. Enter a new value in the Starting Weight text box and click Change; or
    b. Scroll down and click on the highest page number to take you to the oldest date/weight entry. Once you find your oldest date/weight entry, under Add New Entry, enter the new date/weight and click Add New Entry. That will replace the oldest date/weight with your new one.
    c. If you want to keep all of your historical data, Add New Entry at least one day older than the oldest date/weight.
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh thank you so much for this! I hated that it said 0 pounds lost!
  • Wreathy
    Wreathy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this! I was silly and put in what I ~thought~ I was before getting scales. I'm so happy to be able to change this.