What ever it takes

Options
read this and understand. I've always been a little bigger. But never this big. I'm a man whose 26 I'm 6'1" and right at 300 lbs. I carry most of it in my chest and stomach. I'm tired of being this big. I am willing to do what ever it takes to drop as much weight as I can. Ideally 80lbs. Please. Any advice on a meal plan. And home work outs that can help me. I look in the mirror and can't figure out why o let myself get this bad. It's to the point where I'll do anything. What ever it takes. But I don't have any spare cash to join a gym or pay sites and such. Can I get some help from out hers out there. I have to make a change now or I never will.

Replies

• ros2will3run
    ros2will3run Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Best wishes..sure you'll get some good advice!! on mfp!
  • barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Youtube has alot of workouts for free!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    All you have to do is eat less than you burn. Move a little more, eat a little less.

Logging consistently is where you should start. Read all the stickies at the top of each forum, especially Sexypants.

Put in your stats and choose 1 lb per week to start. Log everything you eat so you can start to see where you are wasting calories.

Walking is a great exercise to start with.

Don't try to do too much at once, you didn't gain it in a week, you won't lose it in a week. And if you need some inspiration, check out the success forum. MFP is full of people who are losing weight eating the foods they love. Good luck :drinker:
  • jetsman32
    jetsman32 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    http://youtu.be/fL5-9ZxamXc. check out this video- it's all about eliminating carbs from your diet. I tried tons of diets and the only thing that has ever worked is changing my mindset and reducing my carbs. The video is great (although technical in some parts) but it will work if you try it. Best of luck with everything.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com has a ton of free videos foR all fitness levels. I just started and I think I am already in love.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,024 Member
    Options
    jsthomas65 wrote: »
    read this and understand. I've always been a little bigger. But never this big. I'm a man whose 26 I'm 6'1" and right at 300 lbs. I carry most of it in my chest and stomach. I'm tired of being this big. I am willing to do what ever it takes to drop as much weight as I can. Ideally 80lbs. Please. Any advice on a meal plan. And home work outs that can help me. I look in the mirror and can't figure out why o let myself get this bad. It's to the point where I'll do anything. What ever it takes. But I don't have any spare cash to join a gym or pay sites and such. Can I get some help from out hers out there. I have to make a change now or I never will.

Eat less than you burn.

Set yourself up for a 1 lb or maybe 1/2 lb decrease each week using the settings and goals. Doing that will provide you with a recommended calorie intake.

Log your food intake. On the first day, just log what you eat normally. That will give you a good idea where you are now. For most of us, it has been a bit eye-opening ... perhaps even alarming ... how many calories we eat vs how many we should be eating.

Then, eat your recommended calorie intake. Simple as that. Only, it isn't quite so simple because you will feel hungry, and you will have to start making better food choices.

One of the things I discovered is that I can easily consume 500 calories a day in fruit. Fruit is good for you, right? Yeah ... but not 500 calories worth! And I find that a very small quantity of crackers and cheese has more staying power than a whole bunch of fruit.

So you read labels, weigh your food, and start really thinking about everything you eat.

As for exercise ... walking is free. Get a decent pair of shoes (maybe you own a pair already) and start walking. 30 min a day for the first week or so, 45 min a day for the next week, 60 min a day the next week ...

• GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The following post does a great job of explaining the beginning steps to losing weight.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Start by selecting a goal. At 300 pounds you could lose from 1-2 pounds per week by reducing your calories and moving more.

The trick is to work very hard to stay in your calorie range. If you want to have meal that is more calories than what you plan says you should have for the day, plan it in advance and plan a way to make up the calories during the week.

I would suggest that it works well to weigh and measure all your food so you can be sure that you are eating the required number of calories to lose weight and not more.

A lot of people find it is useful to friend people who have lost a lot of weight or who are working hard at losing weight.

• gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can do it! And while I think your "whatever it takes" attitude is great, I think you will find that you can lose weight without pushing yourself to extremes, too!!! Just start eating fewer calories than you burn... even if the deficit is small, as long as you are consistent in it, you will start to lose. Figure out what works for you, the best diet is not the most intense one, but rather the one that you can stick with!