287 dieting and working out not losing weight 1500 calories a day

Options
I been doing my workouts outside lately but I can say when I worked out inside I sweated more any advice just need motivation and advice

Replies

• finket
    finket Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess one of the reasons that you're not sweating as much may be the temperature difference. Sweating is your body's way of cooling itself down. So if it's colder outside than inside you will not sweat as much.
    I personally prefer working out outside because of exactly that reason. It doesn't mean you're working less hard.

What I am wondering about, though, is how the title of your thread really relates to your post. Are you eating 1500 kcal and don't lose weight despite working out?
  • carlamz3
    carlamz3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try this for a couple days and see how it works. You may need to increase your calories a bit. But if you dont then id increase the protein. Work out in the morning if you can. Graze throughout the day having 3 main meals and 2 snacks. Eating every 3 hours or so. Each mini meal having around 200-400 calories each. Cut the complex carbs out after 1 or 2pm. Try ramping up your cardio by the following, it will burn more fat- 8-10 minutes. Treadmill. Walk 2 -3 minutes on incline 3 pace 3. Depending on your fitness level adjust the following to what you can do: incline 5 pace 6- run 20 seconds. Hop off for 10. (Safely but dont stop the machine) Repeat 4 times. Walk for 1 -2 min. Incline 6 pace 6.5 up to 8 ( whatever you can handle). 20 sec run, hop off for 10. Walk 1-2 min. Hope it helps!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    If what you're diary says is correct, you've only been doing this since Friday. It takes a lot longer than that to start to lose weight.

Do what you've been doing for six weeks and then see what your results are.

In addition, if 287 is your starting weight, 1,500 calories a day is nowhere near enough food to eat per day. You need to figure out a calorie intake that's sustainable and that you'll be able to stick with.
  • robertmccray91
    Options
    I'm doing 1820 I think now is that enough
  • robertmccray91
    Options
    finket wrote: »
    Well, I guess one of the reasons that you're not sweating as much may be the temperature difference. Sweating is your body's way of cooling itself down. So if it's colder outside than inside you will not sweat as much.
    I personally prefer working out outside because of exactly that reason. It doesn't mean you're working less hard.

What I am wondering about, though, is how the title of your thread really relates to your post. Are you eating 1500 kcal and don't lose weight despite working out?

Somewhat but I've only been counting my calories for about 4 days but I've have been dieting for about a week or so and I've lost 3lbs so far so I guess I just have to remain consistent and be patient
  • coreP85
    coreP85 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Your calories are way to low brauh...start by finding how many cals I need to take in a day to mantain your weight then cut that by 500 that will put u in a deficit. Then stay consistent with food,water,sleep,& training and I will be fine. Hope that helps
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options

Somewhat but I've only been counting my calories for about 4 days but I've have been dieting for about a week or so and I've lost 3lbs so far so I guess I just have to remain consistent and be patient

That seems like too quick of a loss unless you're very overweight and have a lot to lose. Generally, you want to aim for about 2 lbs per week if you're obese, 1 to 1 1/2 if you're just overweight, and 1/2 lb if you're about 10 or 15 lbs from your goal.

Keep in mind that a pound of bodyfat is the same as 3500 calories. So, lets say that you burn, on average, 2400 calories each day. And let's say that you only eat 1900, so you have a 500 calorie deficit. That means at the end of a week, you'd have eaten 3500 calories less than you burn, and that's how you lose a pound.

You do want to make sure you eat the maximum amount that you can while still keeping a reasonable deficit to lose weight...the reason for this has to do with how your body adapts. Don't let anyone scare you with "starvation mode" stories, because it just doesn't work like that. But your body does adapt, and if you have an aggressive deficit, then it can slow your metabolism down. The difference will be slight in the grand scheme of things, but it could mean the difference between eating 2400 for the rest of your life, or eating 2300. Over the course of time, it can make a big impact on whether you keep the weight off.

Keep in mind also that weightloss isn't linear. It won't just go down, even if you're doing everything right. The reason for this is water. Your body will retain water for various reasons, such as if you ate a salty or carb-filled meal the day before, or if you worked out hard (your muscles retain water for repair). That's why you should track for at least 4 weeks before you change anything, and then adjust your calories up or down according to whether you are losing weight at the appropriate rate.
  • robertmccray91
    Options

That seems like too quick of a loss unless you're very overweight and have a lot to lose. Generally, you want to aim for about 2 lbs per week if you're obese, 1 to 1 1/2 if you're just overweight, and 1/2 lb if you're about 10 or 15 lbs from your goal.

Keep in mind that a pound of bodyfat is the same as 3500 calories. So, lets say that you burn, on average, 2400 calories each day. And let's say that you only eat 1900, so you have a 500 calorie deficit. That means at the end of a week, you'd have eaten 3500 calories less than you burn, and that's how you lose a pound.

You do want to make sure you eat the maximum amount that you can while still keeping a reasonable deficit to lose weight...the reason for this has to do with how your body adapts. Don't let anyone scare you with "starvation mode" stories, because it just doesn't work like that. But your body does adapt, and if you have an aggressive deficit, then it can slow your metabolism down. The difference will be slight in the grand scheme of things, but it could mean the difference between eating 2400 for the rest of your life, or eating 2300. Over the course of time, it can make a big impact on whether you keep the weight off.

Keep in mind also that weightloss isn't linear. It won't just go down, even if you're doing everything right. The reason for this is water. Your body will retain water for various reasons, such as if you ate a salty or carb-filled meal the day before, or if you worked out hard (your muscles retain water for repair). That's why you should track for at least 4 weeks before you change anything, and then adjust your calories up or down according to whether you are losing weight at the appropriate rate.
    Thanks bro that's some helpful information