Daily Deficit vs. Weekly Deficit

Options
When I look at the calories I have left, it shows me what I've had so far for the day, etc.

I've seen several posts on here talking about building up a weekly deficit rather than focusing on the daily one. Is there someplace I can look to see what my weekly deficit is or do I need to just manually calculate that?

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    the app will show you your average weekly intake and what days you are under/over. Otherwise you can just calculate it manually, it doesn't take long.
  • danomitex
    danomitex Posts: 21 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You can view your weekly numbers under the "nutrition" tab but it doesn't show in calories. Think you need to manually call the deficit.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Figuring out my weekly deficit is one of the best things I've done, I calculate it myself and then use MFP reports daily to see where I am. It's not for everyone, but for me, it takes the stress out of overindulging on the weekends or going to restuarants, I just adjust the rest of my week accordingly. Some weeks my defecit puts me at 2 pounds, some weeks I adjust to 1 pound. Also I find the tracking part of it fun