Any Senior Citizens out there?

Options
Hi, I am a 75 year old female with about 75 lbs. to lose. I have been leading a very sedentary lifestyle, and really need to get off my butt and start a fitness program. Are there any other seniors out there to motivate and join me in this long journey.

Replies

• Omaoffive
    Omaoffive Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am almost 68. I don't have much to lose, but for my health issues I need to lose some and keep it off. The hardest thing is motivation all right; it's so easy to put it off till tomorrow. We have a dog that needs walking every day, so DH and I walk with him after every meal. That's one good reason to keep a dog;-) It's pretty boring if you have to walk alone.
  • LanaBerk
    LanaBerk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm here. I am 68 and a half. Everytime I find a Senior Board, it goes missing..LoL. I have lost 100 lbs in the past 18 months. I know the struggle. I joined MFP after the first 50 lbs. IMO, recording every drop of food is the key.
  • LanaBerk
    LanaBerk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    OH..one more thing. I was a couch potato for 24 yrs before I did anything. Major health issues. One would think with my issues I would not have lived or waited so long to get off the sofa..
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    In 4 more years, I'll be considered a "senior" at IHOP. Can't wait to use my discounts.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JudyKB41
    JudyKB41 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey, so good to find a group that is I'm my age group. I used to come in and the seniors was an active group. Been gone for awhile and found no new posts on any of the boards. Have about 50# to lose still after getting rid of 33#. Hope to come back and get to know y'all. Please feel free to send a friend request. I am 75 yo and live in Tn.
  • sandybags49
    Options
    Hi, I am a 75 year old female with about 75 lbs. to lose. I have been leading a very sedentary lifestyle, and really need to get off my butt and start a fitness program. Are there any other seniors out there to motivate and join me in this long journey.

• sandybags49
    Options
    Hi im a 66yr old lady with a lot to lose the last couple of years ive got my self in a bit of a rutt sitting down a lot to play on my pad but now its time for action to work of those pounds its time for some exercise

• Rmeneely
    Rmeneely Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there from Ireland! I'm not but I will let my mum read this. She is 81 and wants to lose a stone! I'm 41 and need to lose 2!! All the best, we will all feel better for losing the weight!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 and have been on MFP since Oct 2013. I'm 88 pounds down..2 to go for goal but finding it almost impossible to get rid of those last two clingy rascals! Welcome fellow seniors!!!! You CAN do this!!
  • vtpugs
    vtpugs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm "only" 50_ but def feeling senior. Would love new friends. I'm in Tampa fl.
  • JudyKB41
    Options
    So, how do we keep this discussion going? I've spent quite a bit of today trying to find this. Been so long that I don't remember how to flag for friends. It is so much easier to stay the "game" when you have friends and talk often.
  • lsngtbtfnctnl3015
    Options
    Wow, good for you! I am 45 but i like people of all ages. I need to lose 90 lbs so Im in! Add me if you like. I am impressed if you are 75 and know how to use all the modern technology! I love your user name! I live in phx az . Add me and we can chat.
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    I'm 48 years old, so I'm not a senior - but I work at the YMCA as the Senior Experience Coordinator, and I teach Silver Sneaker exercise class for seniors. I highly recommend it for anyone with physical limitations or who has been sedentary for a long time. Check out your local YMCA - if your supplemental insurance offers Silver Sneakers as a benefit, in most places your YMCA membership is FREE. At least at my Y it is!
  • JudyKB41
    Options
    Going to our Y tomorrow to rejoin Silver Sneakers. I really need help to get rid of my bat wings and rest of the belly fat. Not sure what classes they offer anymore. Been about two years since we've gone.not sure how to send friend request but if you will send one to me, I will accept it and we can start a new thread every day or keep one going for a week. I sure can use the motivation to keep on going. Add me and we can n chat.