Jillian Michaels Body Revolution....will it get harder????

Options
I'm just finishing up Jillian Michaels Body Revolution's first 2 week cycle. I'm finding it fairly easy but still am feeling a little sore the next day. (So I know it's working. Lol). What am I in for next? Are the next phases dramatically more difficult? I gotta tell you that I am ready for a bit of a challenge and am looking forward to pushing myself a more. Any thoughts??

Replies

• Minnygirl1
    Minnygirl1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Ok, since I asked this yesterday and got no answers I thought I would throw it out again. (I know it's not a very exciting question. Lol). But I would appreciate any input. Even if you hated it!!
  • Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The second two weeks are def harder than the first two. Can't speak to the rest of them.....yet
  • Minnygirl1
    Options
    Sounds like you are a few weeks ahead if me. Good luck!!!! And thanx for the input! :)
  • lrichelle
    lrichelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes, they definitely get harder.
  • Minnygirl1
    Options
    Someone told me that she kills you slowly!! Lol. The weird thing is....I'm looking forward to it!
  • jstrickler
    jstrickler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You know the tree thing she has you do on disc three? Well.....that is one of the easier moves, very into stability...but it's a good thing!!
  • Minnygirl1
    Options
    Good, since I tend to tip over a lot!! Lol
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6 and it's definitely harder. I've done it up to week 8 before but didn't have dramatically noticeable results back then (2years ago) so trying it again all the way through and increasing the weights I'm using this time round. I'm definitely feeling stronger already.
  • Minnygirl1
    Options
    Good to hear you are seeing results. I always wonder about how effective these DVDs are. I'm trying to always go with the harder/heavier option and can't wait until week 12 to see what happens.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have done this program a few times. She definitely throws more challenging exercises in as the weeks progress. Her program was the first 12 week (well technically 13 week) program that got me start on my fitness journey. In the first round I lost 20 lbs. I did not follow her diet. Just followed MFP recommendations for my calories and ate back my exercise calories. I have done the program three times (although the third I did in nine weeks since I did not spend two weeks on the beginning workouts) and there are still moves I cannot do.
  • Minnygirl1
    Options
    Sounds like I'm in for a workout....thanx!
  • kjolby78
    Options
    I just started week 7. The workouts do get harder as you move up in discs and it definitely depends on what weights you are using. I was using 5 lb and 8 lb weights but felt that the workouts were lacking sometimes so I just added 10 lb weights this week and feel that I'm getting a much better workout now! Started at 146.5 lbs and down to 138 lbs so far.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    LifeIsNotADressRehearsal Posts: 745 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    They definitely get harder! I'm going through it for the 3rd time. Wo7 is my least fav - detest it! As she says - you can always add more weight if it's too easy. I haven't lost any weight (almost done week 6) but my clothes fit better and I feel SO much stronger. At my age, that's the lbs are so much harder to lose! Especially when I like my red wine like I do ;)
  • cbraun133
    cbraun133 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You just said EVERYTHING I would have!! That put a smile on my face
  • FitWithVic
    FitWithVic Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    On day two of BR, looking for friends that are currently doing it to, feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • FitWithVic
    FitWithVic Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just finished fay 10, how are the rest of you getting on? Would love to hear how you're making through the weeks...
  • Minnygirl1
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am on week 10 and.....WOW!! They do get harder. But I'm finding myself pushing myself harder too. It feels really good. I have only lost a few pounds but my clothes are pretty loose. My plan is to finish all 12 weeks and then start over with heavier weights. Wish me luck!!
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Here's a short review from an MFP member on Body Revolution, it may answer some questions:

realbodiesrealresults.com/blog/body-revolution-a-great-program-for-people-who-want-to-work-out-at-home
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine how much tougher it's going to get. I am on week 7 now and it is getting challenging! :)
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I got real sore in week nine in my butt and back muscles (good sore) even though I thought they were getting real good by then. It gets wonderfully challenging the further you go :)