I gained :(

Options
I know I shouldn't complain gaining a pound after three calorific meals last week but I can't help but feel like I've really let myself down. It makes me want to give up :( feel so disheartened this morning.

Replies

• pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hey don't give up, we all have bad days, don't let one day change everything, seems pretty easy to quit, but just shrug it off and move on. They would have had to have been pretty high cals for you to gain a pound, if you have been eating at a deficit the rest of the week. You sure its not water weight, sodium intake, or your muscles holding onto water after a hard work out?
  • danomitex
    danomitex Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Try to not focus on the numbers so much because there are so many factors that can cause your body weight to fluctuate daily. That 1 pound isn't necessarily "fat" gain. Keep the long-term goal in mind.

Instead of the numbers, judge your weight loss based on how you feel and how you look in the mirror. If you can see that you're slimming down... it doesn't matter what the scale reads.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Just log it and move on. Dont waste time or emotion on feeling sorry for yourself. Tbh you know why its happened, its just the consequence of eating more than your target , which is cool. Get on with making better choices. Considering weight fluctuates 1-5lb a day naturally, then you cnat be certain what the weight is anyway.
  • bb4886
    bb4886 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Ive had a bad cold and as a result of tiredness and being poorly ive put on a few lbs as the last two days as ive eaten what ever ive felt like under the wives tale "feed a cold"

I feel 100% better for it, the bit of guilt for being naughty has given me a boost to get straight back on it and push myself more too :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Just log it and move on. Dont waste time or emotion on feeling sorry for yourself. Tbh you know why its happened, its just the consequence of eating more than your target , which is cool. Get on with making better choices. Considering weight fluctuates 1-5lb a day naturally, then you cnat be certain what the weight is anyway.

This
  • Hollisamara
    Hollisamara Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    pinkiezoom wrote: »
    Hey don't give up, we all have bad days, don't let one day change everything, seems pretty easy to quit, but just shrug it off and move on. They would have had to have been pretty high cals for you to gain a pound, if you have been eating at a deficit the rest of the week. You sure its not water weight, sodium intake, or your muscles holding onto water after a hard work out?

I did have a particularly hard work out yesterday.
    Muscles are aching so much today x
  • Hollisamara
    Options
    danomitex wrote: »
    Try to not focus on the numbers so much because there are so many factors that can cause your body weight to fluctuate daily. That 1 pound isn't necessarily "fat" gain. Keep the long-term goal in mind.

Instead of the numbers, judge your weight loss based on how you feel and how you look in the mirror. If you can see that you're slimming down... it doesn't matter what the scale reads.

I did actually feel slimmer until I stepped on the scales :(
  • paritoshmmmec
    Options
    you should take only monthly average only, but should weight daily. Make sure you have calculated the calories accurately. If nothing work drop your calories by 200 and check for one week again. Keep it up.
  • sungirl14
    sungirl14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I commiserate with this... After being good all last week I got on the scales on Sunday and saw i had put on 1kg! Don't worry, it will be better from now on :-)
  • hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Don't worry! I put on 3.5lb in a week. i felt so awful but the next week, i got back on it and lost 4.5lbs. That was my first gain this year and it felt terrible to gain so much. It kept me motivated not to put on again for a while!
  • MERRYMONKEY512
    MERRYMONKEY512 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the scale for a week or so. The a**hole in me wants to jump right up on the scale after some over indulgence, even though I know im probably not going to like what I see, even though I know its mostly water. Don't give up your body will sort it out if you treat it well for a good stretch of days.
  • Hollisamara
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone x