After weight loss

Options
cathychyeah
cathychyeah Posts: 23 Member
I have gone from 15 stone to 10 stone over about a year. It's taken me from obese to healthy on my bmi and I genuinely feel better overall for it.
However since loosing all that weight I am 10 stone 5 and part of me has become obsessed with loosing 6lbs to be in the 9stone region. I've found it harder to loose these 6lbs than I did for the 5stone. Does anyone else get this?

Replies

• ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Not that I have any experience with "those last few pounds", but it's written about a LOT. It does take a lot of time to lose when you are in a healthy range already. Some people have noted that it took them about the same amount of time to lose those few pounds as it did for them to lose the bulk of their loss. You just set a reasonable deficit (I think a couple of pounds a month loss) and carry on like you did previously. Also, lots of patience!

Do you exercise? Maybe concentrating on how your body looks/feels instead of a number will bring you more satisfactory progress. Think of women who are muscular. They look MUCH smaller than their scale weight would suggest.
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yes I am totally struggling with the last 6-7lb for a few months now
  • cathychyeah
    Options
    I found that when I was weight training the muscle I gained meant that I was almost gaining pounds thought i was loosing fat. However I stopped about 2 weeks ago and am doing HIIT training which seems to work better
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Maybe focus on bodyfat % instead of scale weight?
  • cathychyeah
    Options
    I've thought about that however for me I just want to be that lower number on the scales
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    I started at 11 lb stone 2 and have been stuck around 10 lb7 for a long long time, (at 10lb 5 now) but those last few pounds are a nightmare no matter what your starting point was

• missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am 7 pounds away from my ultimate goal, and it is getting so damn hard.
  • cathychyeah
    Options
    It's really frustrating! You know you can do it because you have done it before but there's just something in the way
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I found that when I was weight training the muscle I gained meant that I was almost gaining pounds thought i was loosing fat. However I stopped about 2 weeks ago and am doing HIIT training which seems to work better

According to the gurus here, you aren't going to be gaining muscle to any large degree on a deficit. I would associate gains as fluid the muscles use for recovery. After a few weeks, it reduces and you see pounds decrease.

Saying that, HIIT is a popular one, so good job! Glad you've found something that works for you. You can have fluid gain the first few weeks with a new exercise so give it time. And patience. Time and patience.
    I dread the day I'll have to practice what I preach!!
  • cathychyeah
    Options
    ar9179 wrote: »

According to the gurus here, you aren't going to be gaining muscle to any large degree on a deficit. I would associate gains as fluid the muscles use for recovery. After a few weeks, it reduces and you see pounds decrease.

Saying that, HIIT is a popular one, so good job! Glad you've found something that works for you. You can have fluid gain the first few weeks with a new exercise so give it time. And patience. Time and patience.
    I dread the day I'll have to practice what I preach!!

Thanks! I find it personally more enjoyable than doing weight training away. But yes the overall feeling I'm getting is that I'm just not being patient and giving my body time to adjust to it all.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!