Opinion on spirulina?

Options
reza787
reza787 Posts: 34 Member
What do you guys think of spirulina...also any good vitamin tablets you take?

Replies

• symatthews
    symatthews Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes! Eat it, drink it! So good. It looks, smells and tastes like pond. But! Prepared right it is amazing. So many nutrients. Excellent source of protein. I put it in my smoothies and juices. When I'm really on my game I can drink it just in water. That takes time. Citrus is the key to cutting the pond taste. A half squeeze fresh lemon or small amount of organic oj will do the trick in your smoothies. Nut butters and raw cacao help too.
    As far as supplements- it depends on what your lifestyle is. Always get the highest quality you can afford. They are NOT created equal. Organic, non-gmo. Do not go to the market and buy Once A Days. If you're really active- you will need additional nutrients. Especially for muscle repair and mineral loss. If you're a body builder or training intensely, even more. Your body will tell you. If its possible go get blood work done. Are you feeling run down? Maybe you need more Vit. B. Most of us are deficient (even meat eaters). Could be vit. D as well. Particularly if you live in a gloomy climate. B and D are best absorbed sublingual. Most everyone needs trace minerals/electrolytes. These are found in sports drinks. But i do not drink artificial beverages. You can buy the purest form of trace mineral concentrate on amazon. Its in a blue bottle. Mix it with whatever you want.
    - Shannon
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    ^^^^sounds gross
  • reza787
    reza787 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Will try it for sure thankss
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Use it in green smoothies, it's not so bad. I have a jar I've been neglecting lately... should use it up!