Replies

• lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    Tinder. Lol
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,465 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use best and breakup in same sentence. You just have to deal with it.
  • La_Malfaisante_
    La_Malfaisante_ Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    You don't...you just need to find something to do to take your mind off it...errr I meant someone
  • etkxgh11
    etkxgh11 Posts: 25
    Options
    Let time heal your heart. For whatever reason you and your partner brokeup just remember that person is your ex for a reason and don't go back biggest mistake I made and now im paying the consequences of getting back with my ex. I was so sad and lonely without him and didn't give myself time to heal that when he came crying amd promising the world I eaaily believed and went back. Long story short im miserable now and regret ever getting back.so my advise is just be patient and let time pass u will feel stronger with each day that passes. Good luck boo. XX
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Get on someone else.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Focus on yourself, find something to keep you busy. Treat yourself kindly and take time to heal.
  • jonyb19
    jonyb19 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    All the above...
    What worked for me was buying a dirty old motorbike and spending as much time out meeting new people in new places and not giving myself time to think to much.....fell of a few times but worked out right in the end.

ps, if you dont want a motorcycle do something else stupid that you always wanted to do....
  • Nuka_Gina
    Nuka_Gina Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When I've gone through break ups I've always turned to my friends, and Netflix. :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Tinder. Lol

Unless you live in Southern Indiana. Huge HIV outbreak. I think Tinder would be doing the world a favor if they blocked accounts from that region.
  • reginastiffler
    reginastiffler Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It depends on a lot of things, like how long you were together, whether you were in love, whether you initiated the break up, etc. Pretty much, take extra time for self-care for a while. Do something for you just because. Don't be afraid to cry or scream or vent your anger, but do so appropriately.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    I bought a new jeep and found a workout partner who is a fitness competitor. She keeps me focused on diet and workouts and is fun as hell to hang out with. I was miserable for five years in my marriage. So it's a blessing my ex filed for divorce. The quality of life I was living was absolute *kitten*. I'm sure she is happier too. Just wasn't meant to be, and the moment I realized that, my emotions for her faded. Because honestly it was my pride and ego that hurt the worst during the break up. I had fallen out of love long before she asked for divorce.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I wallow for a couple of hours, decide that's counterproductive and I'm better off for having known that person and learning stuff and then resolved it's their loss and move on but then again I'm a bit frozen hearted.
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Everything happens for a reason, at the time it might be *kitten* but in the long run it all works out for the best
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    find other things to fill your life up with that you love and be mindful of what youre doing?
    idk...ive never really had a "bad" break-up before, people get annoying by the time the break-up comes.
    move on and have a bunch of ons?
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I agree with many posters - find something to do that you've always wanted to do! I went through a breakup in October, and I always wanted to learn to line dance. I've been a dancer most of my life, but never did country line dancing. I fell in love with the hobby, and now I'm enjoying shaking it on the dance floor as a single gal!
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    You don't...you just need to find something to do to take your mind off it...errr I meant someone

Agreed. Best way to get over someone is to get under someone. Straight talk. Works for me every time.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Just focus on you for a little bit. Think of a couple things that you have been wanting to do and putting off and make it happen. Having a goal or something else to look forward to is a great way to take your mind off the break up and feel accomplished. Certainly don't wallow in missing the person. If it didn't work out feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to change that.
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options

Agreed. Best way to get over someone is to get under someone. Straight talk. Works for me every time.

this ^ or on a serious note, get back to being you again. make yourself happy again by being the person that someone wanted to be with