Is this weight gain or my weight range ?

Options
Hi
I've been maintaining for over 7 months with a range of 3/4 llbs. Mostly at first I was at the low end of the range so considered my weight to be that. However I've not seen the low end of the range for a few months now so do I just accept I gained about 3llbs ? Hope this makes sense and thankyou.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You can either accept it or decide to get back down again, depends if you are happy where you are now.
    I have been mostly near the top of my maintenance range since New Year but have been cutting very slowly for this month to get back to the lower end of my range for the cycling season.
    I don't mind being a bit more "cuddly" in winter but a few pounds makes a difference on a long bike ride.
  • VickiLogan11
    VickiLogan11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I prefer the lower end tbh. I've just cut my bike rides and started strong curves programme with HIIT on days off. Think I would struggle to cut food but I suppose I will if I want it badly enough ;)
    Thanks for the reply.
  • 64mustangsue
    64mustangsue Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I prefer the low end for me as well. If I get up to the high end I cut my food intake for a few days and get right back where I am comfortable. Been doing that for almost 3 years now.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I hear you! and am currently cutting or trying to! I want to see my low end of goal range again and soon.
    It's easy to just feel content but each pound makes a difference especially on my petite frame so needs must.
    My range is 133 -137 lbs, currently 137! Was 139 though a few weeks back...the slippery slope was close lol
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Same thing is happening to me. I don't like it. I'm going back to the deficit and getting rid of that, and hopefully a few pounds more, so that when I go back to maintenance it won't just bounce right back up to that same annoying number again. Wish it didn't take so long for me. X( I'm old and short and I may work out like a maniac but it takes like a month to drop three pounds.... IF I do everything perfectly. Well, too bad, it must be done. blerg.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    @gothchiq story of my life except I'd be lucky to lose 2lbs in a month. ..like my food too much and also workout like a freak lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My lowest is always a week or so after my period, that's how I compare from month to month... and typically if I've gained, I try to eat less the following month (I'm still kinda figuring out how long I'll have to cut for). For me my range accounts for water weight, and I don't have that excuse after my period.
  • irejuvenateme
    irejuvenateme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Go by the visual more than the number in my book- sometimes my habits are bad and I am surprised i haven't gained or even am lower that I thought, and other times my habits are good and I still gain weight -
    If you are strength training you could be getting stronger... do you have a lot of sodium?
    If a few months you may have gained but as said this is not necessarily a bad thing -
  • VickiLogan11
    VickiLogan11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Go by the visual more than the number in my book- sometimes my habits are bad and I am surprised i haven't gained or even am lower that I thought, and other times my habits are good and I still gain weight -
    If you are strength training you could be getting stronger... do you have a lot of sodium?
    If a few months you may have gained but as said this is not necessarily a bad thing -

I tend to think I do have a lot of sodium. I'm addicted to crisp breads lol. Thankyou for all the replies :)