WII ZUMBA / ZUMBA WORKOUT PROGRAMME

Options
Hi all,

Can anyone give me advice on Zumba workout & Wii Zumba? Im interesed in it as a different workout as I always workout at home and love changing it up!!

My level of fitness is already ok so im looking for something challenging and fun if reccommended!!!

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Laura x

Replies

• Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Well I use the Zumba for the Wii, and I simply love it!
  • lcaverjackson
    lcaverjackson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have it and I got bored with it really quickly. I am a zumba instructor and I find that the wii workout is not as intense. It is a lot of fun, but if you are looking for a really good sweat then I recommend the wii dance workout.
  • amonts
    amonts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I bought the Zumba for the Xbox Kinect... in DECEMBER!
    I tried it last weekend and it kicked by butt! LOL
    Its hard work, but I know its worth it.

I think it will definitely be challenging enough for you.
    And it is fun.
    I laughed @ myself when it says "Your leg work is fantastic" LOL I wondered who it was seeing, b/c I didnt think it was me.

Good luck!!
    Ashley
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    My wife does it and loves it. She has it for the Wii, PS3 and she goes every Monday and Friday. It's a bit tough on the game system, cuz the sensor won't always recognize your motions. The game's instructions as to what's gonna happen next is no help either. It's all memorization. I do Zumba with her at home and so therefore, know this. I WILL NOT Zumba outside of my house. Enjoy!!!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have it and I got bored with it really quickly. I am a zumba instructor and I find that the wii workout is not as intense. It is a lot of fun, but if you are looking for a really good sweat then I recommend the wii dance workout.

I agree completely. The zumba class I go to is a much better workout (and the music is better). Just Dance 2 on the wii is a great workout and I never get bored.
  • day1987
    day1987 Posts: 5
    Options
    I recently got the wii zumba and am finding it touch as I am not especially co-orientated. I think for an instructor like the person above me, it would be boring quite quickly as you 'know it' but for me it's a real learning curve. I'm on the basic dances at easy level and struggling to keep up! Definitely sweating after just 20 minutes merely from the quick changes of pace and move which are hardwired or learnt yet. You don't get much in the way of 'treats' though -all my other wii games let you earn things and choose how you progress from how well you've done. Zumba is a case of picking from the same selection of workouts. You still have to unlock stuff but there's know kind of dialogue/calorie counting etc...between the programme and yourself. It's more like a DVD style workout.
  • TNelly
    TNelly Posts: 16
    Options
    From what people have given me advice on I would recommend getting the DVD workout... It is much more user friendly and more intense than the WII version especially if you are already pretty fit... GL
  • atsmom
    atsmom Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello,

I have Zumba for Wii and I do ts Zumba class- workout twice a week. The Zumba Wii - it is fun. Sometimes it is hard to tell what the Wii instructor is doing, but it is a good workout and also fun. I love my Zumba class. It really does not feel like a workout. It is very good for cardio and it really does work all your muscles. Also, what I learn in the Zumba class also makes some steps clearer on the Wii Zumba. I have not had an oportunity to look at the Zumba workout program that is advertised on TV.
  • TNelly
    TNelly Posts: 16
    Options
    ALSO I looked it up and an average workout apparently burns a minimum of 500cal... awesome
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii and I can't do it- I have no coordination, none. :laugh: I have never been able to dance. It is entertaining at parties to watch me, but that is about it. :drinker: It does seem like it would be a lot of fun as a workout though!
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    IF any of you have comcast cable with on demand there are some workouts that are just like Zumba but w/ names lile latin rythym or something like it. They are great and FREE. Just trying to help out the poor folk, like myself. LOL
  • megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have the Zumba DVDs and I love it. Getting to a class (or finding one around here!) is almost impossible. I am not a huge fan of wii fitness games, seems like you dont get a full ROM. Good Luck to you! I hope you get a good fit!
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the replies.. my perception from the feedback is that perhaps wii zumba is not for me, but I have only heard good things about the DVDS!! I work evenings so all Zumba classes are on when im working so i thought the dvds would be a good option for an alternative workout!!

Thanks for the feedback!!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    The DVD's are not the workout you get with the Wii game. Only one gets my heart rate up - the Live one. Wii game has beginner, intermediate and advanced with varying times and routines and is NOT boring. While I still burn more in my class - this game is an awesome workout and burns more than EA Sports Active, Wii Fit Plus, and even my TurboFire DVD's sometimes (which is awesome too).
  • mom24uk
    mom24uk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii and I can't do it- I have no coordination, none. :laugh: I have never been able to dance. It is entertaining at parties to watch me, but that is about it. :drinker: It does seem like it would be a lot of fun as a workout though!

Same here and I thought I was ok at dancing. We've got the wii dances and I'm normally 1st but I tried zumba this morning and was lost! The tutorials move too fast and its registering that I'm doing moves when I'm tryong to find the pause on the wii remote!

I thought I'd ignore the tuts and jump in but couldn't follow it :embarassed: (you also need a lot of space).

Anyone got any useful tips for beginners?
  • Altheacannon
    Options
    I love the Zumba fitness, do it almost everyday!! You will love it!!