Sugar from fruit?

Hello all, this is my first message board post!

So I've been logging my food for the past week and a half and EVERY DAY I always go over my sugar intake..but it's because of all the fruit eat. Should I be concerned with this sugar intake? I do monitor how much processed sugar is in the total and its under the 'daily' recommended... I figure this should be ok..right? any feedback would help thanks!

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Yes, you are perfectly fine. I believe MFP is setting the sugar limit based on the WHO guidelines, but MFP does not distinguish sugars from any source.

And the WHO guidelines are based on "free sugars" like granular sugar and syrups used in baked goods, not those found naturally in fruit.

Some MFP'ers find it more useful to track fiber instead.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    If you don't have any medical issues re: sugar, don't worry about it. I changed my settings to track fiber instead.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    I would think you only need to be concerned if some of your other numbers are consistently under. If you are good on fat and protein and eat a balanced diet, then you probably shouldn't be concerned about the sugar in fruit. That sugar comes with a lot of good things.
  • emmrins
    emmrins Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone!