Share your weight GAIN success!

Options
I see these weight loss success stories all the time. I rarely see a weight GAIN success thread. Share below with your before and after pics and stats. Try to share your program, average calories, amount of surplus, macro ratios, etc. so others can emulate your awesomeness!

Here's the results of my 6 Week Bulk last year:
kj5zchv7ok35.jpg

efgznpewr0d8.jpg

Starting Weight - 143 lbs
Ending Weight - 150.2 lbs
Increase of - 7.2 lbs

Starting Body Fat - 4.6%
Ending Body Fat - 4.86%

Overall Body Measurements Increases: 4.7"

Neck: + 0"
Shoulders: + 0.5"
Chest: + 2"
Biceps: + 0.5"
Forearms: + 0"
Waist: + 0.35"
Hips: + 0.85"
Thighs: + 0.5"
Calves: + 0"

Average Daily Calories/Macros:

Calories - 3395
Protein - 230g
Carbs - 381g
Fat - 111g

Replies

• terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    No one?
  • danomitex
    danomitex Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good job on the 6 week bulk. What did you use to measure your body fat though? Bodybuilders step on stage with body fat around 3-4%... so the 4.6% seems very low based on the pictures.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    You can definitely tell. Looks good for only 6 weeks. Your BF isn't that low I don't think, but doesn't really matter.
  • lizardlipsagain
    lizardlipsagain Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look great it this pic, have you managed to sustain this since? I cant send any pictures as I'm on the other side of the fence. I just wanted to say that we are all just trying for something better whether it be gaining weight/muscle or losing weight/gaining muscle. Hope you are winning the battle.
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    congrats bro.
    i guess you can see my before after of weight gain in my profile pic :p
    still bulking though....will cut when i reach about 198-200 ish lbs
  • terizius
    edited March 2015
    Options
    danomitex wrote: »
    Good job on the 6 week bulk. What did you use to measure your body fat though? Bodybuilders step on stage with body fat around 3-4%... so the 4.6% seems very low based on the pictures.

I used calipers for my BF% measurements. I did 7 sites, 3 measurements at each site to be as accurate as possible. If I used a different device, I'm sure the numbers would be different, so no, I may not have been that low, however, the % gain is what I was going after. In week 3 of last years bulk, I used an electrical impedance BF Analyzer (same one I had used a year before) and got 6.2%.

Congrats, you look great it this pic, have you managed to sustain this since? I cant send any pictures as I'm on the other side of the fence. I just wanted to say that we are all just trying for something better whether it be gaining weight/muscle or losing weight/gaining muscle. Hope you are winning the battle.

Unfortunately, no. Last year, I was extremely active. I did martial arts 3 times a week, tennis 4-5 times a week and lifted 3-4 times a week. Then in March, I got a new job, moved, started back up with my Masters degree and had a decent amount of business travel. So, while I kept most of the weight (ended last bulk at 150.2 lbs, started this years bulk at 147.4), my lean mass decreased and my BF increased. I'm in week three of another bulk now and just posted my highest weight and BF ever, 153.8lbs and 11% body fat. I'm aiming for 160-165 at the end of this bulk before getting back down under 10% BF.
  • terizius
    Options
    congrats bro.

That's quite the transition for you. You've definitely taken a few steps in the right direction! What kind of program are you following?
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    terizius wrote: »
    congrats bro.

That's quite the transition for you. You've definitely taken a few steps in the right direction! What kind of program are you following?

thanks lol. this is what i follow...sometimes rarely I'll do an hour of elliptical, but mostly not

rinjmtuynr5f.png

1.png 74.3K
  • terizius
    Options
    Anyone else wanna provide some motivation to we current bulkers?
  • nerdygymrat9
    nerdygymrat9 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    terizius wrote: »
    Anyone else wanna provide some motivation to we current bulkers?

Lol Terry you have already seen my pics since we are both on this 12 week journey together but for others looking for a little inspiration I could post them here as well. Currently on my 8th week of my first bulk ever (having just completed week 7 on Monday) and I did a side by side comparison picture yesterday so hopefully my modest progress can help motivate others to give 100% :)

9u068xb3wvth.jpg