Intermittent fasting

Options
so far it's working for me. Down 19 lbs and counting. Exercise every second day, drink a shitload of water, protein shake at noon to break my fast. Approx 1200 calories a day

Replies

• fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That's great! A lot of my guy friends have had good success with it. I've heard it can mess with some women's cycles so I haven't been brave enough to try it.
  • Liz_Feick
    Options
    I do it the "8-Hour Diet way. I only eat within an 8-hour period, then don't eat for 16 hours..just drink water. For example, I eat from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Then I don't eat again until 10 the next morning. When I get up I drink coffee with a splash of unsweetened almond milk.
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That's great! A lot of my guy friends have had good success with it. I've heard it can mess with some women's cycles so I haven't been brave enough to try it.

This has been my fear as well. I've read a lot and there isn't a definite answer as to whether it can or it cannot and since I'm hoping to have one more child, I rather not try it!!! I will, however, definitely try it once we're done! :smile:
  • Noory44
    Noory44 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Liz_Feick wrote: »
    I do it the "8-Hour Diet way. I only eat within an 8-hour period, then don't eat for 16 hours..just drink water. For example, I eat from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Then I don't eat again until 10 the next morning. When I get up I drink coffee with a splash of unsweetened almond milk.

How long have you been doing IF and what have your results been?, I have been thinking to give it a try. Thanks.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats!
  • joeshorette
    joeshorette Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Liz_Feick wrote: »

Liz, have you stuck with this? What have your results been?
    I've only recently started last week Thursday. I'm down a couple lb's but its too short of a sample to go from.