Dinner time.

Options
bcamacho9
bcamacho9 Posts: 15
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
Ok I can eat good all day while I'm at work. Once I get home I eat like crap, especially dinner. I over eat at dinner time.. any suggestions or pointers ??

Replies

• KyleeNicolle
    KyleeNicolle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Only buying healthy food and stuff you need to prepare is a good start. Once you get in the habit of it, it becomes easier to do. Are you eating enough snacks (high fiber and protein especially) during the day? Maybe you over indulge at dinner because your body is lacking things.

I eat a HUGE breakfast, decent lunch, and a small dinner. And I take vitamins and incorporate a bunch of protein into my diet.

Good luck!
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Have a snack in the afternoon so you're not starving.

Make dinner, put your portion on your plate, then put all leftovers into containers and into the fridge or freezer. If I make something I tend to overeat (pasta, anything with cheese sauce) I immediately portion it for lunch or my boyfriend and then freeze the rest. Done deal-nothing to overeat. Same if you order out.

You could divide your portion and eat half, then have the other half a little later if you get hungry again. I do this sometimes bc I like to snack. Plus you feel like you are eating more, yet you're still within a sensible portion.
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    plan your dinners out the night before so there's no guesswork and no debating between what and how much to eat. stop by the store on the way home if you need more groceries.
  • nowsthetime2015
    nowsthetime2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This works for me: change the beginning of your calorie day to dinnertime instead of breakfast. I have much more self-control in mid-day than I do at night. So I renamed my meals as follows: dinner (night before), snack (night before), breakfast, snack, lunch, snack. It might sound like a gimmick, but it really works because I can decide mid-day that I need to eat less or exercise more or both, but at night time I'm just too tired to think about it.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I find that prepping or buying prepped food (cut up ready to use veggies) makes it much better. If my dinner is quick and easy I am much more likely to make and eat that than grab things I shouldn't. I also use a ton of veggies to bulk up volume while staying within calories.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm EXACTLY like this. I've found that making dinner plans ahead of time is very helpful. For example, every Monday a friend comes over and we work out, eat, and chill. We've started meal planning what we'll cook, so that way I know before-hand if I can snack a little more or if I need to stay a little stricter. It's more difficult when I'm hanging out with my boyfriend, because he doesn't seem to understand calorie counts...He assumes anything we make at home is automatically healthy compared to whatever we would eat out at a restaurant. Not really the case...