Not seeing it?

Options
I have had a few people tell me I look a lot thinner but the scale has hardly moved and I don't see it myself. Has this happened to anyone?

Replies

• summers09jo
    summers09jo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi :) well done for lossing weight so it's noticeable good on you :) hmmm I think maybe we can be like that mind we don't see it ourselves but others can, I think if I got down to size 0 I'd still think I was big lol you must be doing fab for people to notice Hun well done :)
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite issue. The scale has gone down 47lbs and no one can tell.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You could take photos weekly and watch the changes.
    You could buy a measuring tape and chart your measurements.

Scale weight really isnt the best source of info.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Yep then all the sudden the scale caught up. What matters the most to me is seeing it and love getting the double and triple takes of shock lol.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,099 Member
    Options
    Yep ... I lost 14 lbs and although my husband keeps telling me I look MUCH thinner, I couldn't see it. I suspected him of just saying the "right" things to me.

Today, I'm down 15.5 lbs ... I put on a dress I haven't worn in a couple months, and today I finally see it. This dress wasn't exactly snug because it is stretchy, but it was well filled out before ... and now it is almost hanging on me. :D
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    It took me to the point of my pants literally sliding down my hips every time I stood up and pooling in a heap around my ankles before I could see a hint of change in my body, and even then most days I still couldn't see it.

We are in our own bodies and we are seeing those bodies every single day in the mirror, and I think that's why we just don't see it. If we were not to see ourselves for a few months, then suddenly someone held a mirror up, we'd probably see it.

I think it can also be mental - if you see yourself as "a fat person," your brain may still be telling you that every time you look in the mirror.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I think I lost like 30kg before anyone at work noticed or mentioned anything.

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    My ex boyfriend used to call it 'fat eyes'. I had gone down from a size 18 to a 10 and still saw no difference. He said 'I could cut myself on your hip bones and shoulder blades. Stop looking at yourself with fat eyes.' We see ourselves every day, especially when losing weight, and we just don't see changes until we put on old clothes or someone makes us see it.