My Protien is always RED

Options
2»

Replies

• wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    unless you are eating more grams of protein in a day than you have pounds of body weight, you're not harming anything.

that's good to know I can indulge in high protein food now, have far too much to lose :frown:
  • retromomof2
    retromomof2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    coming from a new person here, I was glad to see this post and feedback!
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm always in the red on my protein. I think it's a good thing. With working out I think your body needs it.

togden- Cottage cheese, Greek yogurt (check labels, some have 28 grams of protein others only have 9 grams and are high in fat. So be careful when buying them.) Spinach (I think??). HTHs :)
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    If you're doing low carb, I would recommend changing your macros, by going into the customs settings on your goals. You can set your ratios according to whatever your diet recommends that way.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    You could also just go alter your settings to either stop tracking protein or simply adjust the percentage of your daily diet you want it to be.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    What do you guys eat that are high in protein??? I NEED to up my protein but need ideas for protein rich but affordable foods (I dont eat red meats either ... :( )

Not eating red meats definitely limits your options. You're essentially down to eggs, poultry, and fish. nut butters in a pinch.
  • rice161
    rice161 Posts: 59
    Options
    On the positive side, by eating more protein, I am burning more fat and dropping clothes sizes much faster so I highly recommend it! Just make sure you're taking in enough water to help with protein and fiber digestion.
  • MsLaurie65
    MsLaurie65 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My protein is usually over, too. I don't worry about it. I do try to keep my sodium under (that's my biggest challenge).

...the same for me, I try to keep that sodium down, like everyone says don't worry so about that. Keep going!
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    unless you are eating more grams of protein in a day than you have pounds of body weight, you're not harming anything.

I do this daily.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    The site goes off a generic balance of carb/protein/fat. You can always go to settings and modify it so that a higher % of your calories come from protein and a lower % from carbs. Just make sure you don't drop the carbs too low.