12 pounds is a LOT on us short girls :P

Options

Replies

• tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    I agree! I am 5'1" and have gone from 127 or so to 110. It's a huge difference! Still need to get about 5 off! COngrats! You look fantastic!
  • irenerose25
    irenerose25 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look great! I hope when I hit that weight I look half as good as you do! Great motivation.
  • janew68
    janew68 Posts: 37
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! That's so inspirational. I'm currently at 144lb with a goal weight of 120-123 and it's so nice to see that even loosing 10-12 lbs, I will look even better=0) Keep up the hard work!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats! I am the same height but never considered myself short. :laugh:
  • dmd196
    dmd196 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hooray for you!! I'm short and need a little inspiration to get started up again. I had a baby in October and just realized that I'm still eating extra even though I'm no longer nursing. Thank you for kicking me into gear :)
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    You look great! Fantastic job :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yep, a small weight loss is very noticeable on a shorter person. I'm 5'8" and have to comfort myself that when I gain a little bit of weight, it's not noticeable.

You look great. WTG!
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I heard that! I'm 5'2". Represent for us shorties!
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Great Job!
  • Sammybunny711
    Sammybunny711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great job! I'm in the same boat as you! I am about 5'3" and weigh currently about 145ish pounds and would like to way between 117 and 125 (anywhere between there is fine with me). Congratulations! You give me inspiration!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!
  • nicolelink
    nicolelink Posts: 7
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great!
    This is really inspiring for me since I'm really short and at 145 right now! My goal is to lose 25-30 lbs, but I'd LOVE it if I saw results like that after losing about 10 lbs! :)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Great job! 12lbs IS a lot on us.:smile: Your torso looks long for a shortie! Lucky! lol
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I am also a memer of the vertically challenged!!!! 5'2" and have a long way to go!!!! Even 5 lb makes a difference on us short gals!!!! Good for you!!!!
  • amfabiano
    amfabiano Posts: 4
    Options
    Ok fellow short girls, I need some advice/motivation here. I'm a little under 5'2. Started at 130 lbs, with my goal being 115. The first 5 lbs came off in a month, so ok good. But I have been stuck at 125 for 3 weeks now, and it's such a let down after having dieted and excersized all week!

How many calories per day are you (short) girls consuming? I'm doing about 1100 net. I know all about the "starvation mode" deal, but I dont think at less than 5'2 Im starving myself with 1100 calories.

So for those of you who have reached your short girl goal- tell me what you did that worked, or what you did that didnt work. Oh, and motivate me! Because there's a bottle of wine and a loaf of bread with my name on it, and Im weak and might give in.

Thanks!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Ok fellow short girls, I need some advice/motivation here. I'm a little under 5'2. Started at 130 lbs, with my goal being 115. The first 5 lbs came off in a month, so ok good. But I have been stuck at 125 for 3 weeks now, and it's such a let down after having dieted and excersized all week!

How many calories per day are you (short) girls consuming? I'm doing about 1100 net. I know all about the "starvation mode" deal, but I dont think at less than 5'2 Im starving myself with 1100 calories.

So for those of you who have reached your short girl goal- tell me what you did that worked, or what you did that didnt work. Oh, and motivate me! Because there's a bottle of wine and a loaf of bread with my name on it, and Im weak and might give in.

Thanks!

I'm 5"2, I was eating 1200+ at least 1/2 my exercise cals. (on maint. now) Most days this put me between 1400 and 1600 calories. You already know the starvation mode stuff so I won't go there (and In addition I believe it to an extent), but I will say that eating more meals of high fibrous foods and lean protein (even peas have a good amount of protein) will help you staboloze blood sugar (preventing binge eating) and help boost your metabolism. There are about 500 other reasons that deal with how your muscles use protein and hormones that I just won't get in to. All in all eating more isn't a bad thing as long as you aren't eating empty calories. :D:flowerforyou: HTHS
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Hot damn! You look fantastic!!
  • chelsey728
    chelsey728 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    what a big difference!!!! i'm 5'3' & just made it back into the 130's can't wait to get down to the lower 30s-20s... it's nice to see some close to my height with a long torso.. you look great! so inspiring! keep it up :-)
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I may not be a girl, but I am a short guy (5'4"), so this definitely strikes a chord with me. I just hate how my taller friends and coworkers can better hide a few extra lbs. =(

Great job!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    how tall are you? I am 5'4 and my goal is to be around that weight and I just want to know if thats what I could potentially look like! very inspirational!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!