blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lakelady48
    Lakelady48 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm not drinking much these days but when I do get together with friends, I'm perfectly satisfied with my "diet beer" - 55 calorie Bud Select. A couple of those a week and I'm good.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • emmacummin
    emmacummin Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm facing a similar problem! I finish Uni (after 5 years!) this Friday and I am DEFINITELY going out to celebrate ... I'm dead chuffed with my weight loss, but determined to let it not get in the way of a good party :-D My advice would be:
    - Only drink spirits with calorie free mixers
    - Drink lots of water in between (fills you up!)
    - Work out the day before going out (you won't want to work out the day after, that's for sure, and best not to do it the actual day otherwise you'll start your night dehydrated) - mostly, so you're guilt free!
    - Dance as many hours as the night gives you - you burn so many calories dancing, plus it's SO much fun so if you dance violently enough then you'll burn as much as you drink!

As for food, my local kebab man always gives me the Emma special for free - a pitta bread with salad, no sauce. Sounds dead boring, but you can't really taste all that much at 4am and it gives me something to eat on the walk home (that's another thing - take fold-away flat shoes in your bag, change into them after partying hard and then walk home with some friends rather than grabbing a taxi - another 100kcals burned!)

Hope that helps :-) xx
  • oaken
    oaken Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels talks about alcohol a lot on her podcasts. You can find them on iTunes.

She says she simply drinks Tequila on the rocks. It's the lowest calorie alcohol. A couple of those and you should be good.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    - Only drink spirits with calorie free mixers
    - Drink lots of water in between (fills you up!)
    - Work out the day before going out (you won't want to work out the day after, that's for sure, and best not to do it the actual day otherwise you'll start your night dehydrated) - mostly, so you're guilt free!
    - Dance as many hours as the night gives you - you burn so many calories dancing, plus it's SO much fun so if you dance violently enough then you'll burn as much as you drink!

This is great advice. I am a student and a musician so I understand the need to drink. I always start with a pint of lime soda so I am hydrated, and then hit the diet mixer with vodka/rum. Eat a proper meal before you go out and if you do hit a binge at McDonalds or back at home, what I do is make my boyfriend strongly discourage me from eating rubbish and especially from taking on too much salt.

One last thing - I find a lot of places serve spirits with mixers in tiny glasses, with very little mixer to make you buy more (it works). Ask for either doubles in a pint glass of mixer, or for a tap water sized glass, so you are getting a better proportion of alcohol to mixer and keeping hydrated.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Rum and diet coke, or tequila and diet coke.
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Green tea and vodka is another great choice!
  • APauska
    APauska Posts: 8
    Options
    Vodka Club, I think it has the least amount of calories out of any mixed drink. Vodka rocks is better, if you can handle that.
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    Red Wine, Champagne and Captain and Diet are the only drinks I will have.
  • BaronessBlixen
    BaronessBlixen Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It's best to stick with clear liquors. Vanilla vodka and soda water has become my new best friend. And sangria or plain red wine are great for the nutritional benefits.

And go to a dance club!!!
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I saw on another post here to order a Vodka and Water and then add MIO to it. I tried it and it is great. That way you are only getting calories from the Vodka and you can change up the flavor by using different MIOs.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I regained 90 pounds trying to retain drinking in my life. Drink led to food, food led to a few lb here and there. 2 years after an astonishing 130lb loss, I was 75% of the way back to where I was.
  • allisong83
    allisong83 Posts: 11
    Options
    My drink of choice is vodka and Crystal Light. Now there's Mio too which makes it easier to carry along to the bars! :-)