how to get past a BIG plateau?!

Options
hi (: so my starting weight was 165-170, and in 5 years i slowly got down to 135. and then just these past months i started mfp and made a big effort to lose & lost 5 more from being conscious of calorie intake and excercising! but now i've been in the 130's for so long, and idk what else to do because i already eat so much healthier and in better portions + i exercise a lot. getting any more extreme in those areas would feel like ED territory honestly and i definitely couldn't keep that up for a lifetime ): anyway my question is how do you get past a big "plateau" ? and continue to push past it? thank you !!!

Replies

• missykills
    Options
    oh man i posted this under the wrong category. sorry :x
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    You're only 18. How tall are you?
  • missykills
    Options
    You're only 18. How tall are you?

yep. & i am 5'5

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    You are probably at your ideal weight.
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I think 130 pounds for someone that is five foot five inches is a fine weight...
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    130 is certainly in a healthy weight range for your height, but so is 125, so I don't think anyone should object if that is your goal. Only you and people who know you in real life could truly say, because what weight is good for one person at a particular height can be way to little for someone else, depending on frame, muscle mass etc.

I would say though, that maybe instead of focusing on a particular number, that you start strength training if you're not already doing it, and work on building muscle and losing fat while staying around the same weight? That will give you an amazing figure, and more calories to play with as a bonus!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    You give us no information, are you tracking your calories?, How many calories you eating per day, what about calorie burn through exercise, you have any of this info?

and frankly, you're 18... you didn't lose the weight you grew in to it...

Unlike boys, most girls are full height by the time they are 13 to 15 years old. And if she 'grew into her weight', it would be the same, not lower.
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Try taking resveratrol for a couple of months. See if that helps. Its been shown to help get fat burning underway when hitting a plateau. No guarantees but its worth a trial run.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    DaFibble wrote: »
    Try taking resveratrol for a couple of months. See if that helps. Its been shown to help get fat burning underway when hitting a plateau. No guarantees but its worth a trial run.
    Did you really just suggest diet pills to an 18 year-old who's already at an ideal weight?
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Well you are eating maintenance, so you have to get below that. Track your calories and once you have an idea the average number you are eating a day (after 1-2 weeks of logging), eat 250-500 a day below that until you get to your ideal weight.
  • SaraSteeves1993
    SaraSteeves1993 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    DaFibble wrote: »
    Did you really just suggest diet pills to an 18 year-old who's already at an ideal weight?

Relax its not a diet pill. It is found in fruit it helps combat various diseases (or so they say) and may help in combating against obesity or slow down the body from gaining weight. It's. Not a fat burning supplement or diuretic
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    you got to BELIEVE