Favorite Thigs At Trader Joes....Go

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Obviously if you're trying to watch yourself stay away from things like cookie butter and their baked goods/desserts/chocolate.

Agreed. It's amazing how many comments are advising OP to buy that stuff.

Why? What's wrong with cookie butter and baked goods?
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Their dark chocolate, their wine, their cream cheese, their coffee's good too!! :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Darn. This all sounds so good. Maybe I'll suck it up and take a trip in. It's a madhouse in NYC, I don't know about other places.
  • GoneGirl50
    GoneGirl50 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Trader Joes!! I'm not sure I could have made it without them.

Reduced Guilt Guacamole
    TJ's Boxed Soups
    Sardines in Harima
    Burritos
    frozen dinners
    Frozen soup - Asian
    Veggie blends
    Light Feta
    Organic grapefruits
    Ready-made salads
  • koronakona
    koronakona Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    TJ's hummus. Best hummus ever! I also like their seaweed, unsweetened cranberry juice (bargain!) and cut up veggies.
  • Feistiness72
    Feistiness72 Posts: 3,772 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great variety... Guess will need to go check it out. 1 just opened months back
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I like their corn chile salsa, endives, and pre-made salads. Yum... Their frozen cherry berry packages are great for making smoothies! They have goat milk too which is thicker and tastes so much better than cows milk, imo. I love TJ's. :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Fiberful Granola Bars, chocolate chip or peanut butter
    Cottage Cheese (seriously, TJ's is the best!)
    Greek yogurt
    Dark chocolate bars
    Love their hummus
    Salsa Verde and Salsa Authentica
    Tuna
    Ketchup (been a Heinz girl all my life until I tried theirs!)
    Multi Grain Hot Cereal

Non foods -
    I love the Coconut Body Butter, and my dogs go crazy for their jerky treats for doggies!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Thai chili and lime almonds or cashews
    Unsweetened almond milk (theirs is I swear the most amazing you will ever taste)
    Goat cheese medallions (a bag of single-serve goat cheeses, like BabyBels)
    The produce is extensive and awesome...heirloom cherry tomatoes, multicolored carrots, more greens than you could ever eat, lots of single-serving packages.
    The fresh pasta is also really good.
    If you can find it, their platinum balsamic vinegar is the most authentic thing you can find for under $30. It's very thick and much tastier than anything in a regular grocery store. If they don't have the platinum, the gold is still good, but it's not quite the same.
    If you ever need to give someone flowers, this is definitely the place to go.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Really cheap, but decent, wine!
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Truly weight loss friendly (with an LOL for all the other favorites):
    black bean dip, tons of flavor and few calories, eat it on jicama or other crunchy veg.
    fage greek yogurt nonfat plain, the best anywhere and cheapish at TJ's
    black bean soup, drown some greens in it
    TJ's vegetarian chili is cheaper than Amy's, and a half a can is a meal over sweet potato
    the produce, oh my, yeah it's good
    Almonds are cheaper here than anywhere else if you eat like 10 with breakfast every day like me
    the prepared salads are super good, only eat half the dressing :)

Gosh I wish we had one in my town.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I have one about half an hour away, and my love and I are planning a trip tomorrow. TJs makes me happy :smile: If you like Indian food, TJs has some frozen at very reasonable prices. They also have great frozen quinoa, grain, polenta, grilled asparagus, and lots of other things. Their stores are small-ish and they're picky about what they carry, so you might only have one or two choices in something rather than 10 different brands, but their one or two choices will be the tastiest, and often the cheapest.
  • erinelizabeth882
    erinelizabeth882 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    -Chicken potstickers
    -Greek yogurt
    -Their cheese selection is great
    -Mac and cheese
    -Enchilada sauce! I was always getting enchilada sauce in a can at the other stores, that I had to use a small amount of, put back in the fridge, and often eventually waste when it goes bad before I use it, until I found their bottle!
    -Chocolate sea salt caramels
    -Roasted garlic hummus
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I really like their equivalent to Funyuns

I was so tempted to buy some cookie butter when I was there, but it's kind of expensive and I was afraid I'd love it....
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Coffee and tea, both are really good
    Freeze dried fruit
    Frozen fruit
    Peanut and almond butters
    Cottage cheese... super yummy
    Greek yogurt
    Cheese... great prices and delicious... their parmesan is the best price for the quality I've found
    Cereal... my daughter especially loves the Maple Brown Sugar Mini Wheat alikes
    Boxed Soups... their creamy tomato is delicious
    Trail Mix ... I can personally vouch, but my husband is a huge fan of several kinds
    Snack Bars... great prices, my husband likes the This Blueberry/Fig, etc Walked Into A Bar line
    Tofu... when I could still eat soy, their was the best I tasted
    Seasonal produce... great values on Brussels sprouts on the stalk, heirloom tomatoes, asparagus
    Special shout out to their gluten free oats (I love them), their Dorito like chips (my kids love them) and their white cheddar pop corn (my kids love that too).
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    OK someone please fill me in (I'm from Canada). What is Trader Joe's? Is it like a company or a grocery store or both?
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Better'n Peanut Butter, Low Sodium, small jars about five bucks.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Frozen mushroom ravioli
    crab cakes
    spanish cheese sampler
    wine
    frozen risotto
    mahi mahi burgers
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    -their coconut oil is the cheapest anywhere, and very good
    -natural peanut butter...I go through a jar every couple of weeks...eat it with everything!
    -50% salt almonds and raw almonds...I like both
    -coffee...the french roast, bay blend, and pinon are all good. The Joe is not. YMMV.
    -canned salmon
    -frozen skinless chicken breasts
    -their feta cheese is really good...good selection of cheese in general at good prices
    -coconut flour
    -stevia is a good price here (I like stevia, not everybody does)

If you do eat sugar, here are a couple more:
    -72% cacao dark chocolate - actually very little sugar, and very good quality
    -I don't buy them anymore, but I used to buy their mochi. If you can limit your consumption (I had a hard time, which is why I no longer eat them or other sugary things!), they are very good and 100 calories each if you do want a sweet treat. The green tea and mango are especially good...but all mochi are good

What I DON'T but there (usually):
    - you can find better prices and quality on fresh produce other places. I occasionally buy their bagged apples, but that's about it.