What do you drink in the morning? Feeling no energy!

Options

Replies

• adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    jadejo63 wrote: »
    I will try to cook some bits for breakfast. But I don't know how, and what exactly to do lol, any ideas?

Adwilliams I've been feeling like it for a while, I've been to docs, had a diabetes test, underactive thyroid test but all came back normal :( xx

Hmm. What about iron levels? I was anemic for ages (I'm still iron deficient), and it makes you very fatigued. :/ I hope you can get it figured out!

• brewingPHX
    brewingPHX Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Vodka.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi
  • megablackk1d
    megablackk1d Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    water
  • lynndot1
    lynndot1 Posts: 114 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you don't have time to cook in the morning make some freezer burritos or sandwiches, or egg/veggie muffins to cook once and eat all week.
    This was gonna be my suggestion. I have time to cook in the morning but he does not, so once a week I'll make a batch of egg muffins (you can Google for tons of recipes) for him that last in the fridge for a week. Well, they're gone well before 7 days is up but they are good for a week, haha. But if you make those when you have time you can just grab and go. Breakfast burritos are also easy, just freeze them and microwave straight from the freezer.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    my question would be, are you getting enough sleep? If I am short my normal 8-9 hours of sleep I am tired and run out of energy quickly.
    I would start there first.
  • zapslr
    zapslr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is not my meal, but just something i drink each morning. 32oz water, add in the super orange emergen-c packet, i add in 2 tsp's of fiber powder, and then 1 packet of crystal light energy (citrus flavored). I LOVE IT, and I basically haven't really been sick in about 15 months (1 minor cold which I think may have been allergies, I attribute that to the Emergen-C packet, NOT the fiber or crystal light). The energy packets from crystal light do have some caffeine in them, and it's the only caffeine I drink typically.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    First thing I do is drink a glass of water. I looked up those belVita things and they're just fancy carbs. Squash - carbs. Coffee (with sugar? cream?), water and carbs.

To counteract that weakness you need protein! How about a glass of milk with a scoop of whey powder?
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Start my day out with a 16oz bottle of water and 1 scoop of Mandarin Orange Spark by Advocare (I buy off amazon). It has some caffeine, carbs and vitamins. I drink 2 of them a day. With that I was able to give up my diet coke addiction and I don't drink coffee.

Then 30 mins later I eat a small paleo breakfast. That usually holds me till I have a snack around noon and lunch at 2pm(ish).
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Zero Calorie Monster followed by about five glasses of water before noon.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    becs3578 wrote: »
    Start my day out with a 16oz bottle of water and 1 scoop of Mandarin Orange Spark by Advocare (I buy off amazon). It has some caffeine, carbs and vitamins. I drink 2 of them a day. With that I was able to give up my diet coke addiction and I don't drink coffee.

Then 30 mins later I eat a small paleo breakfast. That usually holds me till I have a snack around noon and lunch at 2pm(ish).

This, I believe, marks the first time I've ever seen Advocare and paleo advocated in the same post.
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    After sleeping 7-8 hours, I wake up and have a smoothie (8oz water, 1/2 low fat plain yogurt, 1/4 cup uncooked rolled oats, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 cup of frozen pineapple, 2 cups of kale/spinach) and a 16oz coffee with 2 oz of half and half. This is under 500 calories and keeps me going to lunch.
  • _emma_78
    _emma_78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not getting the right amount of sleep. Every person is different but my sweet spot is around 7 hours.

I don't think consuming energy drinks or huge amounts of coffee is going to get you anywhere besides the bathroom...
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me coffee dehydrates you, to drink lots of water afterward. I love coffee
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Eggs, lots of eggs :smile:
  • erinelizabeth882
    erinelizabeth882 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Morning smoothies have been my saving grace! Love them. I get in some greens (minus the taste) and other fruit (banana + berries of some kind) plus protein and healthy fiber and fat through plain yogurt, and or peanut butter, and ground flax seed. With unsweetened vanilla almond milk to make it a smoothie ;)
  • QBass
    QBass Posts: 14
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee (coffee with butter and coconut or MCT oil emulsified in a blender) with a bit of cinnamon and liquid sucralose. This gives me tons of sustained energy. Of course, I keep myself in ketosis (fueled by ketones rather than sugar).
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Agreed with those breakfast biscuits being not much more than glorified cookies.

I have oatmeal with fruit and crushed nuts in the morning. It takes one minute to throw it all in the bowl, and while it's in the microwave cooking, I get dressed. No time lost.

You only need 5 minutes in the morning to make and eat a good breakfast. You can make the time by going to bed 5 minutes earlier.

Your diary is not open. I'm wondering if you are tired in the morning a) because you are not getting enough sleep, b) because you are not eating enough, c) your diet is imbalanced or d) all of the above.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    How you feel in the morning might have more to do with how you sleep at night. This past week, the only thing I changed was that I took .5 mg of Melatonin (sleep hormone) before I went to bed. Not only did this help me fall asleep earlier, but I think my quality of sleep is better. Normally not even coffee really works for me, but this whole week I was feeling awake and refreshed after consuming a large class of warm water with lemon. (what I usually drink first thing in the morning to rehydrate). Now I'm not saying to run out and get some Melatonin, I'm simply saying what's worked for me, not just right now, but also periodically in the past. Sleep issues, like diet, are a very individualized thing. If you think you may not be getting enough sleep, more, or better sleep might be the key to your lack of energy in the morning. If you are interested in Melatonin, please speak with your doctor or nutritionist to get correct dosing information as well as when and for how long to take it. Many people take way more than they actually need.
  • webrat_jen
    webrat_jen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i love Matcha green tea. its pricey, and the taste takes some getting used to (i still do not drink it as a tasty cup, unlike most of the coffee, teas and herbal teas i drink through the day) but i found it gave me a massive perk up in my energy levels, and mood as well. it has all sort of health benefits, but i cannot really tell you if those made a difference for me. the energy however, has made a massive improvement to how i feel and how much i can physically do without getting exhausted.
    i drink mine at 1-2pm at work to allow my to finish my working day without flagging.
    matcha tea costs about £10-£20 pounds for 30g, and you use about 1g a day.