Cauliflower cupcakes

Options

Replies

• Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Ah... cauliflower always makes for some excellent April Fool's Day trolling.

(actually... that thing looks delicious... jus' sayin')

Curious. Are you suggesting I created a website, made up a recipe, and took pictures of the baking process and the finished product then got some blogger to put it on her website? Because otherwise this recipe does exist for purpose that certainly isn't screwing with MFP and may just be a tasty treat with a bit of healthy content to it.

Honestly. Some people's children.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I made Black Bean Brownies the other day and they turned out amaaaaazing, so even though Cauliflower Cupcakes sounds like cupcake sacrilege, I'd be willing to give them a shot.

For anyone interested in how Black Bean Brownies could even work, here's a few recipes :)

http://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-gluten-free-black-bean-brownies/

http://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-gluten-free-peanut-butter-swirl-brownies/

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/02/amazing-flour-less-brownies.html
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Dark_Roast wrote: »
    Is that cream cheese icing?

If so, I'd try it.
    You mean just a bathtub of icing, yes?

Wow, just wow. You need to do that with me and we can post video.

Seriously.

Will you please take that somewhere else?

So wait, because this is someone you know you're going to ride everyone who thinks this is nasty? If it were your friends on a cauliflower pizza crust you'd be in there agreeing with them on it.

The hell?

ETA.... Oh man. I have been played. I forgot what day it was.

William-Shatner-Slapping-Himself.gif
    I just keep getting trolled

I quit today

Right.

My own sister would "oh honey" me at this point...

oh-honey.gif
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    whats so wrong with cauliflower? its fun to experiment. if you want a non cauliflower cupcake eat one. if you want to make this variation do it. whats the big deal?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    HA!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Dear God, please let this be an April Fool's thing.

If you want a cupcake, eat a freakin' cupcake!

If you read the ingredients, it pretty much is an apple cupcake with cauliflower. It really isn't any healthier than carrot cake.

Yup, exactly my point. But you gotta know somebody's gonna think this is wonderful, make up a few batches, scarf 'em down like it was Dr Oz-ified and then start a thread wondering why they aren't losing weight. B)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

Curious. Are you suggesting I created a website, made up a recipe, and took pictures of the baking process and the finished product then got some blogger to put it on her website? Because otherwise this recipe does exist for purpose that certainly isn't screwing with MFP and may just be a tasty treat with a bit of healthy content to it.

No... I was just suggesting that you looked up the recipe for the purpose of inciting an uproarious debate of the use of cauliflower as a "healthy" alternative. As I have pointed out, this cupcake recipe is no different than any other cupcake recipe beyond the few additional nutrients created by combining a bland vegetable with a sweet fruit.

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

If so, I'd lick it all off with my tongue.

Go on

^this
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    de7e652f509899cde0d0c83be4ca8259.jpg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Dark_Roast wrote: »

If so, I'd try it.
    You mean just a bathtub of icing, yes?

Wow, just wow. You need to do that with me and we can post video.

Seriously.

Will you please take that to my house?
    Oh my

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I made Black Bean Brownies the other day and they turned out amaaaaazing, so even though Cauliflower Cupcakes sounds like cupcake sacrilege, I'd be willing to give them a shot.

For anyone interested in how Black Bean Brownies could even work, here's a few recipes :)

When I tried black bean brownies, I ended up with black bean pudding. It was alright... but it wasn't what I was hoping for by any measure.
  • Daiako
    Options

No... I was just suggesting that you looked up the recipe for the purpose of inciting an uproarious debate of the use of cauliflower as a "healthy" alternative. As I have pointed out, this cupcake recipe is no different than any other cupcake recipe beyond the few additional nutrients created by combining a bland vegetable with a sweet fruit.

Ah. So you'd then suggest that any recipe using cauliflower is trolling? And I do believe I stated pretty plainly that this cupcake brings taste with a few additional nutrient (i even said similar concept to carrot cake in my second post) so I'm not sure where trolling or deception could come in. It's a cupcake...with extra fiber and vitamins.

Perhaps you'd like to take your derailing elsewhere.
  • nuttynanners
    Options
    Dear God, please let this be an April Fool's thing.

If you want a cupcake, eat a freakin' cupcake!

If you read the ingredients, it pretty much is an apple cupcake with cauliflower. It really isn't any healthier than carrot cake.

Exactly my point. But you gotta know somebody's gonna think this is wonderful, make up a few batches, scarf 'em down like it was Dr Oz-ified and then start a thread about why they aren't losing weight. B)

I'd be interested to see the nutritional profile of these. Being that they are made with 3 cups of flour and only 1 cup of cauliflower puree, they are probably not so nutritionally dense. The word cauliflower in the title seems a little deceptively wholesome.

I had originally assumed they'd be flourless, like a couple black bean brownie recipes I've tried, which had a good nutrient profile. I'm interested in trying out some sweet potato baked goods next, and maybe some chickpea based recipes. This is all for fun though, and because the nutrition facts on store bought baked goods make me want to faint in the store.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I dislike using cauliflower as a sub for anything, but this is 1000 better than the woman who used dinner rolls with frosting as "cupcakes" for her daughter's birthday party. Not sure if that thread is still around in the MFP Past Files or if it got nuked.
  • nuttynanners
    Options

When I tried black bean brownies, I ended up with black bean pudding. It was alright... but it wasn't what I was hoping for by any measure.

Aw, nuts! I hate it when recipes don't turn out right. Mine turned out nice and fudgy. They also had about 150 calories per brownie, which fit in perfectly as a dessert/snack for me.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    It's an April Fool isn't it? Please let it be
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

<partypoopercupcake.gif>
  • nuttynanners
    Options

Ah. So you'd then suggest that any recipe using cauliflower is trolling? And I do believe I stated pretty plainly that this cupcake brings taste with a few additional nutrient (i even said similar concept to carrot cake in my second post) so I'm not sure where trolling or deception could come in. It's a cupcake...with extra fiber and vitamins.

Yeah, I gotta say... I made a pretty awesome cauliflower crust pizza the other day. People can tell me I got trolled but I also got to eat a WHOLE pizza that day and stayed within my calories :wink:

This method works really well:

http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    even if this an april fools thing..I am going with a big NO on this ....
  • Daiako
    edited April 2015
    Options

Yeah, I gotta say... I made a pretty awesome cauliflower crust pizza the other day. People can tell me I got trolled but I also got to eat a WHOLE pizza that day and stayed within my calories :wink:

This method works really well:

http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust

I like to use tortillas (corn or the low carb flour. I don't mind carbs but but less carbs=more calories for cheese). Personally but basically the same concept. I like my pizza to be about tasty toppings so a lower cal crust fits me just fine