Trying to loose 4-6 lb before Summer ( My BMI 24.1 but body fat is 38%)

Options
radiyanoor112
radiyanoor112 Posts: 15 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi,
I am trying to loose 4-6 lbs in next 2 months.
I usually try to eat 1250 calorie + exercise ( mostly fitbit adjustment) calorie.
I am 5 ' , 126 lb, large frame and pushing 30.

I am trying to keep my diet 50% carbs- 30% Protein - 20% fat .
I do not eat Poultry or red meat . Instead I eat lot of veggies, dairy , beans and fish.
I am also doing cross-fit style work out 3 days and running 20 mins ( 1.5 mile) 2 days a week for last 3 months.

I do not have any success loosing weight/ getting toned so far.

Update : I have 38% body fat and 27% muscle mass, which makes me Obese. However , my BMI is 24.1 , in the normal range.
Ideally I would like to change my body fat to at least over weight (32%) range.

I appreciate your advice.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    How come you're not eating poultry or red meat? I'm interested.

Results aren't instant I'm afraid, it will take a couple of weeks to see them.. keep going though :)
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    If you only have 4-6 lbs to lose, you may not be able to see this in 2 months unless you are absolutely strict about logging. The realistic loss for this little is 0.25-0.5lbs per week. If you don't get strict about dieting and overeat 250 cals, you may maintain instead of lose. Even sometimes water retention can make you gain 3 lbs. and mask the loss.

However, it is do-able if you are honest and strictly measuring foods/drinks.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
  • BellaGettinFit
    BellaGettinFit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    if i take a big enough poop, i would lose 4 lbs. lol. I'm sure you'll be able to lose this easily by cutting carbs.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Is your cross-fit like workout focused on cardio or weight lifting? I've seen a lot of different "cross-fit" workouts and they seem to vary wildly.
  • radiyanoor112
    Options
    How come you're not eating poultry or red meat? I'm interested.

Results aren't instant I'm afraid, it will take a couple of weeks to see them.. keep going though :)

Thanks IsaackGMOON .
    I watched a documentary called " Food. Inc. " I can't eat poultry or meat after that.
    I do not have any craving to eat those either. Kinda have gag reflexes trying to eat those.

• radiyanoor112
    Options
    wkwebby wrote: »
    If you only have 4-6 lbs to lose, you may not be able to see this in 2 months unless you are absolutely strict about logging. The realistic loss for this little is 0.25-0.5lbs per week. If you don't get strict about dieting and overeat 250 cals, you may maintain instead of lose. Even sometimes water retention can make you gain 3 lbs. and mask the loss.

However, it is do-able if you are honest and strictly measuring foods/drinks.

Thanks wkwebby .
    I will try to be meticulous , logging food from now on. Measuring food sometimes make me so stressed out that kinda defer the purpose.
    I do appreciate your kind words.
  • radiyanoor112
    Options
    if i take a big enough poop, i would lose 4 lbs. lol. I'm sure you'll be able to lose this easily by cutting carbs.

Lolz @ BellaGettinFit

Cutting carbs is a great idea. However, I herd it has lots of adverse metabolism effect.
    Have you done it? Do you feel good?
    If so can you shed some light about the low carb diets.
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oh man, once you're working to lose so few pounds it becomes much harder. Like someone above alluded to, 4 pounds could be one good fiber filled meal away! LOL If you are only concerned about the number on the scale increasing water and reducing sodium and carbs would help to flush any retained water and lower the number on the scale. If you want to actually lose fat, it will take longer.
  • radiyanoor112
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    lm9isfw5pzsc.gif

hahahha ! I feel flatted @ jkwolly
  • radiyanoor112
    Options
    envy09 wrote: »
    Is your cross-fit like workout focused on cardio or weight lifting? I've seen a lot of different "cross-fit" workouts and they seem to vary wildly.

I mostly do strength with some kind of conditioning.
    My max rm for dead-lift is 85 lb.

• radiyanoor112
    Options
    hsmith0930 wrote: »
    Oh man, once you're working to lose so few pounds it becomes much harder. Like someone above alluded to, 4 pounds could be one good fiber filled meal away! LOL If you are only concerned about the number on the scale increasing water and reducing sodium and carbs would help to flush any retained water and lower the number on the scale. If you want to actually lose fat, it will take longer.

Hi Hsmith.
    I have 38% body fat and 27% muscle mass, which makes me Obese. However , my BMI is 24.1 , in the normal range.
    Ideally I would like to change my body fat to at least over weight (32%) range.

I am focusing on strength .... however no luck so far :(
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I am 5', 121 pounds, and pushing 40 (I'm 37) :)
    I am always gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. I'd like to stay consistently at 117 pounds, but find I have to be quite restrictive to stay there.

I run 5 days per week between 3-5 miles each time. I consistently walk/run over 12K steps per day. I lose weight if I stay below 2000 calories a day, but I can easily eat over.

I guess I'm saying to keep at - 1250 calories a day isn't much for someone who is active. So eventually you'll start losing the weight.
  • radiyanoor112
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I am 5', 121 pounds, and pushing 40 (I'm 37) :)
    I am always gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. I'd like to stay consistently at 117 pounds, but find I have to be quite restrictive to stay there.

I run 5 days per week between 3-5 miles each time. I consistently walk/run over 12K steps per day. I lose weight if I stay below 2000 calories a day, but I can easily eat over.

I guess I'm saying to keep at - 1250 calories a day isn't much for someone who is active. So eventually you'll start losing the weight.

Thanks for the kind word of inspiration :) . I'm 10-12k steps range daily.
    However, sometimes weather makes it harder to reach my goal . ( lame excuse I know :p )