★★ Am I stupid?!★★

Options
2»

Replies

• esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    interesting. I am also set at 1200 cal/day. my job is sedentary, but I do work out hard 3x/week. I am 5'3", 162 lbs, but on the bone dense and muscular side. I'm kind of hungry on the 1200 myself, and I am trying to make sure I eat my exercise points. I'd like to lose atleast 1 lbs a week, which may be asking too much.

Sorry, to hijack, but this was a good question!

Similar to myself and I also eat 1200 calories per day. To me it isn't too little an amount. I just re-started so it is difficult but after a couple weeks I know it will be easier.

But to the OP you are taller...and sorry not sure of your weight as it is not in pounds maybe go a little higher with your calories. And I also believe it depends on how much you want to lose. No positive but I believe so.

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft2 currently 11st5. I started at 13 stone. I lose weight eating 1480 calories. I'm shorter than you. I eat more and lose 1-1 1/2lb a week. Eat more and feel better while still losing weight. Yep :)
  • jmaidan
    jmaidan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It's been said by many, but 1200 is too low. A 500 cal deficit is as low as I would go. 250 works great for me to lose around a pound per week (not counting calories burned in exercise).
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You guys are probably all too young to remember.....the reason that women stick with that 1200 number is that for years and years that was the touted magic number for weight loss in women, regardless of height/weight or any other factors. 2000 for men.
    It's still hard for me to wrap my head around eating 1650.....but I cannot deny that it works :)
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Marcia661 wrote: »
    You guys are probably all too young to remember.....the reason that women stick with that 1200 number is that for years and years that was the touted magic number for weight loss in women, regardless of height/weight or any other factors. 2000 for men.
    It's still hard for me to wrap my head around eating 1650.....but I cannot deny that it works :)

I'm old enough to remember when they used to say 1000 for women.

That was before they took away the Ayds diet candy.
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Marcia661 wrote: »

I'm old enough to remember when they used to say 1000 for women.

That was before they took away the Ayds diet candy.

OMG I totally forgot about that lol.
  • ackerman77
    ackerman77 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    esaucier17 wrote: »
    interesting. I am also set at 1200 cal/day. my job is sedentary, but I do work out hard 3x/week. I am 5'3", 162 lbs, but on the bone dense and muscular side. I'm kind of hungry on the 1200 myself, and I am trying to make sure I eat my exercise points. I'd like to lose atleast 1 lbs a week, which may be asking too much.

Sorry, to hijack, but this was a good question!

Similar to myself and I also eat 1200 calories per day. To me it isn't too little an amount. I just re-started so it is difficult but after a couple weeks I know it will be easier.

But to the OP you are taller...and sorry not sure of your weight as it is not in pounds maybe go a little higher with your calories. And I also believe it depends on how much you want to lose. No positive but I believe so.

• ackerman77
    ackerman77 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses. Very much appreciated :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MFP gave me 1200 calories as my limit. I was a little bit surprised, but went with it. And it's not that bad ... especially if you exercise lots. :)

And it works.