Options
13»

Replies

• TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Well friends, it is the last day!

Here is what I accomplished today.

I did 40 minutes of walking with the dogs and burned, per my HRM, 440 calories
    I did 33 minutes of roller skating and burned, per my HRM, 569 calories
    I did 95 minutes of gardening and burned, per my HRM, 995 calories

I am at 16 glasses of water today

So, that puts me at 859minutes, so far for the week. 113 minutes other, 190 minutes of strength and 556 of cardio
    (I am counting the gardening as strength since I never really had my heart rate go over 101 and it was a lot of squats, digging, bending, and so on. But, I am sure feeling it everywhere on my body.)
    Okay, let me do some catching up after being gone for 2 1/2 days.
    Thursday, Week 6, Day 4
    I did 39 minutes on the Elliptical and burned, per my HRM, 733 calories
    I did 30 minutes of walking the dog and burned, per my HRM, 325 calories

Drank 15 glasses of water that day

Friday, Week 6, Day 5
    I did 50 minutes of circuit training, 30 minutes cardio, 10 minutes strength, 10 minutes walking/cool down, and burned, per my HRM, 962 calories
    I did 15 minutes of swimming and according the MFP burned 155 calories

I drank 15 glasses of water that day

Saturday, Week 6, Day 6
    I did 52 minutes of circuit training, 32 minutes cardio, 10 minutes strength, 10 minutes walking/cool down, and burned, per my HRM, 953 calories

I did 13 minutes of walking the dogs and burned, per my HRM, 138 calories

I drank 15 glasses of water

So, that puts me at 681 minutes, so far for the week. 63 minutes other, 95 minutes of strength and 523 of cardio
    Okay one and all, here is what my crazy day has consisted of

I did a 30 minute step aerobics class and burned, per my HRM, 475 calories
    I did 30 minutes of running/walking laps and burned, per my HRM, 325 calories
    I did a 40 minute strength training session, with my trainer, and burned, per my HRM, 577 calories

AND, why today, I don't know,

I spent 90 minutes moving boxes/furniture out of a room in my basement, up the stairs into the back yard, rearranged things in another room, moved things into the room in my basement, and then proceeded to move everything back from my back yard to the room in my basement. After all of that I burned, per my HRM, 939 calories and I now have something done that should have been done a long time ago.

I have had 17 glasses of water so far

So, that puts me at 465 minutes, so far for the week. 75 minutes of strength and 390 of cardio
    Here are my results for week 6, Day 2

I did a 35 minute step aerobics class and burned, per my HRM, 652 calories
    I did 35 minutes of run/walk intervals and burned, per my HRM, 425 calories
    I did 50 minutes of the Elliptical and burned, per my HRM, 780 calories

I have had 18 glasses of water so far today

So, that puts me at 275 minutes of cardio so far for the week

Week 6, Day 1

I did 65 minutes of walk/run intervals and burned, per my HRM, 750 calories
    I did 90 minutes of a Hula Hoop class and right into a Kettlebell class and burned, per my HRM, 1144 calories

I have had 18 glasses of water so far today

So, that puts me at 155 of cardio so far for the week
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    After I close out my diary, tonight, and can add up my weekly calorie intake, I am going to total all of my numbers for the entire six weeks. I will post those tomorrow, including my measurements/weight.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I LOVE seeing a picture of you
    Believe I have no more go in me tonight! 150 minutes and 14 glasses of water.415 total minutes so far.Attending adinner tomorrownight and we are having 50 people at our house Saturday for the baby's birthday! Wow i'm crazy! Hehe. Have a good weekend everyone.Kep going! Can't wait to see how well we all did this last week!
    Too funny my sons play dough dinner(T-bone, mashed w/ gravy and green beans,lol) has been my pic for a while! Before that everyone thought I was a brand new mom as it was the baby's hospital pic!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Well everone it's been 6 weeks..... I have had a great time pushing myself and would have done more if I wasn't Mommy first!
    Here are my totals:
    wk 1: 551 min.
    wk2: 560 min.
    wk3: 670 min.
    wk4: 596 min.
    wk5: 624 min.
    wk6: 555min.
    All my water + everyday.
    I have only lost 4 lbs., but have had a couple NSVs!!!!! Bought a smaller size pants and shorts that didn't fit last summer now do. The big one yesterday, I put on a pair of shorts I haven't been able to wear since before my 5 yr. old!!!! They fit nice maybe even nicer now! YAY ME!!!
    Here are my measurements:
    151 lbs.-147lbs. Now just to get into a healthy BMI
    neck was 14-now 13.5 loss= .5
    waist was 36.5-now 34 loss=2.5!
    hips were 39.5- now38 loss=1.5!
    This has been FUN! Will try and keep my totals up, I only did 90 minutes a week before I was pregnant and very little after. (when I stopped exercising when pregnant my ticker said 12 lbs to go! We meet again mr. 12lbs! lol)
    Thank You Tracie for making this challenge available to us and all your dedication to it! You are truley an inspiration!!!!
    Can't wait to see everyones great accomplishments!!!!:drinker:
    Friend me if you'd like to keep pushing ourselves!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Hey ALl:

Hard to believe we are at the end of our 6 weeks already.

I don't think I have checked in since Wednesday so here are my numbers since then:

Thursday:
    74 minutes-walking
    15 minutes-elliptical

Friday:
    70 minutes-elliptical
    60 minutes-walking

Saturday:
    70 minutes-elliptical

Sunday:
    25 minutes-core secrets
    10- minutes-stationary bike (testing out my new cycling sandals)
    30 minutes-walking-mowing
    90 minutes-cycling

As for my water, I drank at least 7 glasses each day.

Total for the week: 1012 minutes

I swear a big part of my rides should be considered strength training given all the head winds I have been dealing with.

Congrats to everyone that stuck with this challenge and really pushed themselves to do so much more than they were used! You all did awesome!

Jenn
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of myself for completing this challenge!!! We have been amazing! Thanks again to Tracie:flowerforyou: for setting this up and keeping us all PUSHING! It has been an honor to work with all of you as we strive to achieve our individual goals.

5/15
    35 min - Cardio - Kettleball
    60 min - Other -walking

Total Week 6 = 723 mins
    Cardio = 295 mins
    Strength = 127 mins
    Other = 310 mins

My results for the challenge have been fairly negligible. I have lost about 2 lbs (I just keep bouncing up and down the same 2-3 lbs) and 1/2-1 inch in my waist, hips, bust. For as much more exercise I have completed over these 6 weeks, I'm a little disappointed but then I look at the things that aren't so easy to measure: I started the Get Running program and have successfully completed 3 weeks worth of runs; got a Kettleball and learned I LOVE it; learned what Zumba is (and although I have absolutely ZERO rhythm, no one can see that in my living room:happy: ); and I feel better and have more energy! Yeah, upon further contemplation...no complaints at all from this participant!:smile:

I'm certainly game if anyone wants to continue PUSHING each other with either the same or different goals.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Here is my results for day six, week six.
    - I got in 5 glasses of water.
    Total: 0 minutes. 0 minutes is cardio and 0 minutes is strength.

chickadee's week six progress:
    Total Weekly Minutes: 222
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 214
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 8
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 34 glasses

chickadees total 6 week progress:
    Total Challenge Minutes: 2197
    Total Challenge Cardio Minutes: 1685
    Total Challenge Strength Minutes: 469
    Total Challenge Water Intake: 102
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I started this challenge at 146.6 and today I was 143.8. That's a total of 2.8 pounds lost. I've exercised for a total of 2,197 minutes. 1,685 minutes was cardio and 469 was strength. I've drank 102 glasses of water. This challenge has been so awesome and we've all done amazing! Thanks Tracie for setting this up!

I'm up for a new challenge like this if anyone's interested. Also, if you'd like to friend me, go ahead. :)
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Me again!

Decided to go back and see how many minutes I racked up for the past 6 weeks--math is not my strong suit so hopefully I did not goof something up.

I ended up with 5459 minutes........like I said with my luck I added wrong!

I would be game for this challenge to continue or something similar with some new goals. I am super happy with my results as I finally got the numbers moving south into the 150s as I had been stuck around 160 to 164 for at least a month. I spent a nice chunk of change yesterday getting new clothes in a size 8 - 10. I think I actually did a happy dance in the dressing room! So a huge THANK YOU for that!

Jenn
  • kiki_ac
    kiki_ac Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Congratulations to everyone joined and stayed with this challenge! I'm using my phone right now so all i'm going to put is my week 6 totals.
    Total mintues 400
    Cardio 270
    Strength 130

Just estimate til i can recalculate on my journal. Other than that, i am proud of everyone. You know what is possible, attempt, and succeed!

Until next time,

Kiana
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    @ 1crazymom You did a fantastic job during this six weeks, even with being a mommy first! You did well over the 350 minutes each and every week. A very good job to you!

@ Jenn - Wow, look at those number of minutes that you completed! That is phenominal! You actually got in more minutes than I did and I hope that puts you on the right track for you big event in a couple of months. And, and, who can complain about having to get smaller size clothing! Good for you

@ sherrillg - I am very glad that you thought a little bit more about the challenge and saw the improvements, in yourself, other than on the scale. The scale is a very tricky thing and you really have to learn, as you did, to look at other things you are accomplishing, before the scale. You do not want the scale to bring you down and make you feel like nothing is happening when in deed it certainly is. Before this challenge my scale had not moved in over 10 weeks but I had so many other improvements. You did a wonderful job and I certainly hope you are proud of yourself.

@ chickadee2010 - Since I have you on my friends list I have watched you day in and day out and have watched you continually improve yourself. You have done such a great job during this six weeks and you should be proud of how you have pushed yourself further and further each week.

@ kiki_ac - awesome job you did as well. Another great six week accomplishment. You too pushed harder and harder each week and were over in the minimum minutes requirement each week.

Now let me take a moment to tell the HANDFUL of you that finished this, BE PROUD of yourselves. You can say that you actively participated in this six week challenge, PUSHED YOURSELF every week, and COMPLETED it. That is something to be proud of in itself, but then factor in the changes that you have seen within yourselves and there is something else to be proud of. If you just proved to yourselves that you could do this, successfully, for six weeks then you can do ANYTHING, right?

I am up for another challenge, BUT, let me catch my breathe, and catch up from the big weekend away from home, and put some thought into it. It is no fun if we do just the same thing. Let my brain do some working and see if I can figure something else out and let's DO IT AGAIN!

I am going to post my six weeks totals next!

I AM SO PROUD TO HAVE BEEN A PART OF THIS WITH YOU! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Here are my six week totals:

I performed 4644 minutes of exercise
    I burned 64,738 calories
    I consumed 79,528 calories
    My personal goal of doubling everything was successful. I more than doubled the minutes, calories, and water each and every week

I lost 9.2 pounds which broke a 10 week plateau and also put me in ONEderland for the first time in 20 years
    I lost a total of 5 1/2 inches between all of my measurements
    and most of all, I feel frickin fantastic to have completed this six weeks and really PUSH MYSELF

I saw my entire family, this past weekend, for the first time since I began this journey in January 2010. The comments, looks, and amazement on their faces, was so great and to hear them talk about what an accomplishment that I have made, made me finally look within and believe it myself.
  • kiki_ac
    kiki_ac Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm back with all the totals for this week. Week 6
    Day one
    P90x cardio x
    Day two
    QF-lower body and bonus
    6 sec abs total body
    Day three
    Ab assault
    Denise Austin-metabolism boost cardio, strength (upper & lower)
    Day four
    Walking/jogging 3.28m various speeds and up a pedestrian bridge (55 min)
    Day five
    P90x bonus cardio intervals
    Ab assault
    Day six
    P90x kempo x
    Resistance bands exercise upper body
    Day seven
    Washed outside of minivan-used both elbows' grease
    Mowed front lawn (.5 acre)
    QF lower body
    Ab assault

I was so off on the totals

Total w6 443
    Total cardio 374
    Total srength 115

Totals for complete challenge
    I didnt mention water total often bc my goal of 3 litters was being reached and often over by 2 cups.

Total challenge 2792
    Total cardio 2111
    Total strength 681

Its been great! We should continue to push ourselves beyond this challenge.. Stay motivated.

Kiana
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Here are my six week totals:

I performed 4644 minutes of exercise
    I burned 64,738 calories
    I consumed 79,528 calories
    My personal goal of doubling everything was successful. I more than doubled the minutes, calories, and water each and every week

I lost 9.2 pounds which broke a 10 week plateau and also put me in ONEderland for the first time in 20 years
    I lost a total of 5 1/2 inches between all of my measurements
    and most of all, I feel frickin fantastic to have completed this six weeks and really PUSH MYSELF

I saw my entire family, this past weekend, for the first time since I began this journey in January 2010. The comments, looks, and amazement on their faces, was so great and to hear them talk about what an accomplishment that I have made, made me finally look within and believe it myself.
    You have done wonderful! Welcome to Onederland! You've lost an amazing amount of numbers this challenge. I'm so glad your family got to finally see how much work you've done! Congrats!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    @ chickadee2010 - Since I have you on my friends list I have watched you day in and day out and have watched you continually improve yourself. You have done such a great job during this six weeks and you should be proud of how you have pushed yourself further and further each week.

Thanks, Tracie! Everyone did such a wonderful job!!
  • Kforest0714
    Kforest0714 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Okay, im a day late posting. I dont have my totals for the whole six weeks...however I do have mu total weight lose for the six weeks...10.4 pounds gone, I cant believe it! Congrats to everyone..yall rocked it!!
  • mfultz0429
    mfultz0429 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Unfortunately, I was one of those that fell off! I had a gall bladder attack 4 weeks ago and I am now at 5 days without getting sick on what I eat. I did lose some weight, but defintely not the way I wanted to do it. I have put myself on a very low fat diet and seem to be feeling better. I am drinking water like crazy and ready to get back to the gym. Sorry to have flaked out. To the ones that stuck it out, you are AMAZING!!!
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm a few days late and had to calculate all my numbers but here are my numbers:

I worked out for a total of 1,985 minutes in 6 weeks
    I burned a total of 13,406 calories in 6 weeks
    and lost a total of 3lbs in 6 weeks

: )

Thanks Tracie for setting this up and I am so proud of myself for doing this much! Never thought it was possible - I am continuing to try and get to the 350min mark a week and I will continue too... if you ever do another challenge.. I will join in a heart beat!

Thanks! And congrats to everyone who made their goals!!