How do YOU post?

Just curious how everyone posts their food intake. As you consume the food, or at the end of the day? Or, like I do...

During the week I pack my lunch everyday, and I like to post it all - including snacks - first thing each day. This way I know how much it all totals to, and can make adjustments if I'm going overboard a bit. I can also fit in an extra work out to compensate for that tablespoon of peanut butter.

How do you do it?

Replies

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Usually meal by meal.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    I generally will prepost the day by the middle of the day. If I know for sure what I'm having for dinner/snacks I'll include that. Though it sometimes gets changed, either the what and/or the how much.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    I do breakfast and lunch the night before as I'm cooking it because there's no way I'd remember how many grams of everything by the next day! Dinner depends, I'll log it early if my protein looks low after breakfast and lunch to make sure I'll make it, or if I'm wanting a snack I'll log the rest of the day to see what I have to work with. On the weekends I usually log as I eat.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    I prelog my food for the whole day either the night before or in the morning. I start with dinner, then put in lunch, breakfast and add 1-2 snacks last. Sometimes I adjust things as the day goes but not much.
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    I tend to get everything logged by lunch time or just after that way I know where I sit calorie wise and if I have wiggle room with snacks or supper. This also makes me more likely to stick to whatever I have planned for supper rather than get lazy and eat out.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    I tend to have the same thing for lunch every day of a given week, so I just copy that over after Monday. I log breakfast either as I'm making it, or after I get to work. I generally have an idea about what dinner will be, and an idea of what it will "cost" me, so I can decide if I need a snack, or an extra cup of coffee or whatnot.

Weekends are more freeform, but I try to log what I can early, so I can workout more if needed. I tend to hit the gym in the morning.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I log either as I'm cooking or as I'm eating.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    typically i input everything at the beginning of the day. it makes it much easier to know what to eat all day. i can always go back and change something if a meal gets switched up.
  • JeepJeep87
    JeepJeep87 Posts: 38 Member
    I log my breakfasts and lunches in the morning because they are usually the same every day or every other day. For dinner, I log as I prep the meal and just eat what's left in my calorie count. We eat a lot of chicken and salad so I know it'll fall in my calorie count, but depending on the day i might have some left for a glass of wine or piece of chocolate. If I know the dinner is going to be bigger than I eat less during the day and try to plan as best I can.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    If I know hours before what I'm having i prelog (especially with my vitamins I take every day). Otherwise it's as I'm eating.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    I try to prelog in the morning as much as I already know. It's 2pm and we still haven't decided on dinner so who knows. I've also eaten a ton of junk today so hopefully it'll be something healthy.
  • I prep 2 to 3 days worth of meals so I usually know what is on the menu. When I am eating at work I just post the entire day.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited April 2015
    I log as I go, pre-log a meal, prelog most of the day, combo of the above, whatever is most convenient to me.

I virtually never eat before logging unless I know that I can fit an apple into my calories because I have 400 cals left. I of course weigh it before eating it.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    I mostly log as I'm cooking. If I do pre-prepare a meal I'll log it as I prep it. If I know for sure I'm going to have something (like my bedtime cocoa :smile: ) I'll log it so I know for sure I'll be able to have it.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Meal by meal.
  • punkuate
    punkuate Posts: 127 Member
    I log just before I eat. Once I've had my "main" meal, I then make decisions on what to eat later to fit my calories or macros and usually log it straight away.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    I'm usually logging as I'm eating
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Since breakfast & lunch have to be prepared the night before on my workdays (4 days/ week + every other weekend), those get put in the day before. If I know what I'm having for dinner -- ie, a high carb meal like macaroni or pierogies -- I'll go lighter in carbs early. Usually middle - high protein, middle - low fat, middle carb for those meals. Snacks are usually yogurt or fruit. I have a fairly good list of things I rotate through for my 1st 2 meals. Occasionally, if the cafeteria lunch looks good, I might save my packaged lunch for another day, or add in a salad, soup or side dish to supplement--otherwise, it's what I packed.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited April 2015
    Meal by meal, weights/measurements that is. I have my meals planned out at least a day or two before I eat them so in the end it's more just the weights/measures (but I put in a rough idea, over estimated amount and then tweak higher or lower as I go.)

Hope that made sense!
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    I plan my day out either the night before or in the morning :)