*closed group* Flab to Fab 3, Part 2!

Options

Replies

• cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I maintained this week, which i was really surprised about. I havent logged in the past two days because I went crazy with food. I have been super stressed out lately and went straight to the fridge, instead of actually doing something productive!
    So now i'm worse off.
    But i want this bad, i dont want to come out of the challenge having maintained the whole time through and not lost any inches.
    So as of now, im going to kick butt. I have a trip to bali in early july, so i need to look hot in my bikini!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Check in for this week

In summary my goals (Mon-Fri)
    1) Take a multivitamin daily - met 5 of 5 days
    2) Work out 240 + minutes - 200/240 minutes
    3) 80 + oz water daily- met 1/5 days
    4) Below on sodium daily - met 4/5 days

Overall please with the results. The poison ivy on my food really put a damper on my ability to work out since I haven't been able to put sneakers on.

My weekend pact for this weekend: Sat and Sun
    1) Exercise a minimum of 45 minutes daily
    2) Drink 80 oz+ of water daily
    3) Consume no more than 2 alcoholic drinks on Saturday (date night)
    4) Take a multivitamin daily
    5) Stay within a reasonable amount of calories over on Saturday (or under) (date night) and Under on calories on Sunday.

My husband and I are going out on Saturday night which is awesome. We haven't been out without the kiddo since mid March. We are going to a seafood restaurant so it shouldn't be too hard to find relatively healthy choices. I just need to make sure to burn some calories during the day and not over indulge on appetizer, dinner, alcohol and dessert.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I have had a bummer of a week. My weight was 217 yesterday morning, and I am really upset. I didn't buy a new scale, my old one decided to come back to life, so I'm using that one. I'm not convinced that it's correct, but I don't have a choice but to use that weight. I went to Target to exchange the new scale that doesn't work anymore, and they don't have the same scale anymore. Of course, I didn't have the box or the receipt, so I'm SOL for now. With the new budget we're sticking to, I won't be able to buy a new scale until the 20th.

I have been exercising my butt off - way over 3000 calories per week. But I, too, have had a serious snacking problem since Easter. I can also relate to having extra calories at the end of the day and eating crap because I can. I've been under calories every single day, but I'm not making the best choices all day every day like I need to. Then I have been completely letting go on Sundays since Easter. I didn't even log last weekend at all. I'm SO discouraged at not having a loss for what? Like three weeks? I think it was right before Easter when I met my 215 lb Easter goal.

I also stopped taking the NSAID the foot Dr. gave me because I thought it was contributing to my weight remaining stagnant. Of course, my foot hurts again, so I'm going to have to start on that again.

What are your thoughts on changing up my exercise? I know I need to cut out the bad snacking, but is there a possibility that I shoud try something else besides the elliptical? I tried swimming before, but that's kind of hard to manage with the kids. We have Netflix, so maybe I'll try a Zumba video, or some other workout vid.

Anyway, great to see a couple of big losses. I'm going to keep plugging along and try to do better than I have been. I'll check back on you ladies soon. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Bridget- I would definitely change up the exercise routine. It seems to help jump start when I hit a plateau. I recently started doing Wii Zumba and it is making a difference. Even though my weight hasn't gone down this past week I notice differences in the way I look after doing it only for a couple of weeks. My waist line is changing as I do it more and more. Hang in there, you will get through this and starting going down on the scale.
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hello! Oh how I miss everyone! This has been such a long and tiring week :( And I completely fell off the wagon. Been eating crap and snacking all week. Total disaster.
    Well Im up 3lbs this week and Im only surprised that it isn't alot more. I just feel like utter crap right now. I haven't worked out all week and my system is full to the brim of junk food. I cant wait for this week to be over and to get back to my normal routine on Monday morning. This is the first time in about 2 years that I have craved a workout!!! Im excited about this! haha

You all have been doing so brilliantly this week. I want to hop on the multivitamin train next week and give it a shot, I think that is something that Im definitely missing. How did you all find it this week? Do you feel any differences?

Congrats to all who lost/maintained this week. And those of you who gained...I know how you feel! We've got to accept it and put it behind us and keep on going! We are not quitters!

Much love and can't wait to be back in full swing on Monday :) xox
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    So happy for my Sharks! Don't mess with us in our tank! Woohoo! Heading out to celebrate! Chat with you all tomorrow! :) Let's finish Sharks! Bring on Vancouver!

I am happy the Sharks won but mostly because I think the Bruins can beat them :-). Plus I love Joe Thorton ;-p

lol I can only look at one series at a time! Good luck! :)
  • travelgirl09
    Options
    I haven't been excited to post my weight until today!! 174!! I'm down 2.8 from last week (and about the last month!! :happy:

Great job Becky!
  • travelgirl09
    Options
    I cannot believe I have stayed at my same weight! No gain at all. Although I have been exercising faithfully, I have pretty much eaten and drunk just about everything I wanted. However, I really did try to watch my portions. I had no expectations of losing any weight. I did think I would gain, so I am shocked that I did not.

I am not upset, bummed, frustrated, or disappointed. I know how I am eating, and I have no one else to blame but myself for my failure to lose. However, I kind of am excited because this tells me that when I am all done losing, there is hope for maintenance! Sometimes we forget about how it's going to be when we are "done" losing the weight we want and we reach our goals. Do we think we are just going to go back to eating anything we want? I know sometimes I think like that. But this past two weeks, being in Hawaii and enjoying it, I really was just hoping not to gain.

Tomorrow I start Week 7 Day 1 of P90X and I am so looking forward to it because now I will get back to my better eating habits. The problem for me, is that after next week, I will be on vacation in Curacao for a week. I want a real vacation, away from my husband's work, my work, working out, EVERYTHING! But I really want to continue my P90X program. I will be on my recovery week, but just the thought of having a commitment, really bugs me. Really debating what I'm going to do.

Anyway, enough ranting and blabbing. I just wanted to congratulate every one on a great job, and for those who gained or stayed the same, don't be discouraged. Figure out what's going on, be honest with yourself and go from there!

Love you all!

Barb
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe I have stayed at my same weight! No gain at all. Although I have been exercising faithfully, I have pretty much eaten and drunk just about everything I wanted. However, I really did try to watch my portions. I had no expectations of losing any weight. I did think I would gain, so I am shocked that I did not.

I am not upset, bummed, frustrated, or disappointed. I know how I am eating, and I have no one else to blame but myself for my failure to lose. However, I kind of am excited because this tells me that when I am all done losing, there is hope for maintenance! Sometimes we forget about how it's going to be when we are "done" losing the weight we want and we reach our goals. Do we think we are just going to go back to eating anything we want? I know sometimes I think like that. But this past two weeks, being in Hawaii and enjoying it, I really was just hoping not to gain.

Tomorrow I start Week 7 Day 1 of P90X and I am so looking forward to it because now I will get back to my better eating habits. The problem for me, is that after next week, I will be on vacation in Curacao for a week. I want a real vacation, away from my husband's work, my work, working out, EVERYTHING! But I really want to continue my P90X program. I will be on my recovery week, but just the thought of having a commitment, really bugs me. Really debating what I'm going to do.

Anyway, enough ranting and blabbing. I just wanted to congratulate every one on a great job, and for those who gained or stayed the same, don't be discouraged. Figure out what's going on, be honest with yourself and go from there!

Love you all!

Barb

I'd say while on vacation, don't commit to working out, but if you feel like it one day then do it. If you don't, then don't do it :) That way it's not a commitment :bigsmile:
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Recapping my weeks goals:

- burn 2500 calories thru Sunday. --- exceeded 3352/2500
    - drink 100oz of water --- met every day but Saturday
    - doing a low intensity workout (won't be hard, me walking right now is at about a speed 2 haha) --- walked every weekday, did yoga Saturday
    - take a multi-vitamin daily --- did daily
    - figure out a workout plan for the rest of this month --- still working on that

I'm definitely going to continue walking 1-3 miles a day with Lukas. I'm thinking 2-3 days a week doing higher intensity workouts like Insanity or the boxing/cardio class I'm going to try out this Tuesday (SO EXCITED!!)

I have gotten a friends sister-in-law to help me with my nutrition. I'm super excited about that because she really knows her stuff! I'm going to attempt to nix the coffee in the morning and try green tea instead, and I'm also going to try to eat fresher, less processed food as much as possible. I promised Lukas (not that he really cares right now) but if I make a food for him I will try it. This is going to be hard for me with veggies. I really don't like too many haha.

I did alright this weekend, had a bit too much Sangria last night, but I feel good about the weekend overall! Hope you all had a great weekend too!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Hey Ladies- Just checking in after the weekend. This weekend was tough for me. I didn't do great. I sneaked a peak at the scale this morning and I am up 3 lbs (hopefully just water weight). I really need to get my snacking under control. Here are my results for this weekend

My weekend pact for this weekend: Sat and Sun
    1) Exercise a minimum of 45 minutes daily - did on sat, not on Sun
    2) Drink 80 oz+ of water daily - No (neither day)
    3) Consume no more than 2 alcoholic drinks on Saturday (date night) - MET
    4) Take a multivitamin daily - Took on Sat, Forgot on Sun
    5) Stay within a reasonable amount of calories over on Saturday (or under) (date night) and Under on calories on Sunday.- No where near reasonable on Saturday, Under on Sunday.

This week is going to be a struggle this week. It is going to rain from now until Friday so I probably won't be able to go for walks/runs/ bike rides. I am going to have to find the motivation to do some Wii Zumba and 30 day Shred inside. I really want to get my snacking back in line. ON the positive side I threw out the rest of my chocolate covered expresso beans that have been a huge contributing factor to my snacking. I havent been drinking water either so I am going to focus on that as well. Here are my goals for this week Mon-Fri

1) Drink 80 oz+ of water
    2) No snacking after closing out my diary
    3) 200 + minutes of exercise (~40 minutes per day)
    4) Under 2500 mg sodium daily

I need to get refocused. This is where I always plateau and give up. I refuse to give up this time! Have a great week ladies.
  • cupcakelover103
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I know that you all are taking a multivitamin every morning as part of your goals, but i've recently been hearing and reading a lot of negativity surrounding them. Such as they're useless, can cause breast cancer and that our bodies cant absorb the synthetic multivitamins like we can absorb the vitamins in whole foods. So i stopped taking mine, but i'm curious to what you guys think about them. I was taking one daily for years, but now i find that i'm reaching for more healthy foods because i'm trying to up my vitamin and mineral intake. Now i just take vitamin d in winter, and omega 3 fish oil pills if i'm not eating fish that day. But i'm still a bit confused about the whole thing, there seems to be so many conflicting views.
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm Back! What a weekend!!! I had a great time up north with Keith!!!!! It was a much needed break. However, now I'm paying for it! Not only did I not eat healthy...I also skipped working out! Too much to drink on Friday night resulted in no workout on Saturday and a day of being tourists on Saturday and a long drive home resulted in no workout on Sunday. Plus yesterday we had a graduation party...let's be honest...I ate what I wanted and it wasn't pretty! So...now I feel like I'm way back at Day 1 :-( Although I hate to see the scale go up...I have to admit...it was great just relaxing and not having a care/worry in the world!

Starting tonight and for the next few weeks with work being so busy I'm putting insanity on the back burner ;( I'm going to continue to try to run 3-4x a week but instead of an insanity workout on the other days...I'm going to do a 30DS workout instead...I just don't have enough time to get anything else in. If I do find that I have more time..I'll add in an ab workout too. Has anybody done Jillian Michael's 6 week 6 pack workout?! Thinking I'm going to buy that today after work and check it out!

Sorry I've been MIA...but I'm back and ready to get serious about this weight loss again! I've been much too lax!!!

Love to you all...have a great week!!!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I know that you all are taking a multivitamin every morning as part of your goals, but i've recently been hearing and reading a lot of negativity surrounding them. Such as they're useless, can cause breast cancer and that our bodies cant absorb the synthetic multivitamins like we can absorb the vitamins in whole foods. So i stopped taking mine, but i'm curious to what you guys think about them. I was taking one daily for years, but now i find that i'm reaching for more healthy foods because i'm trying to up my vitamin and mineral intake. Now i just take vitamin d in winter, and omega 3 fish oil pills if i'm not eating fish that day. But i'm still a bit confused about the whole thing, there seems to be so many conflicting views.

I have read up a lot on vitamins and I do think if you are eating a lot of whole foods and fresh veggies and fruits, taking a multivitamin is probably not all that helpful. For me, I eat a lot of processed foods (a lot less now than I used to but still quite a bit) and I am horrible about eating fruits and veggies (getting better but still have a ways to go). For a while I was just taking calcium supplement. I have been trying to take a multivitamin since my son was born but probably forget more than I remember. I know the body doesn't utilize them as well as getting the vitamins from food but I figure if my body gets any of the nutrients it is better than getting none. I don't really buy into they can cause cancer, there isn't an concrete connection between an increased risk if you take a multivitamin (at least not in the research I have seen).

I say if you eat a fairly balanced meal and are getting your nutrients from your diet then you probably wouldn't benefit from a multivitamin. I know I don't get a lot of my nutrients from my diet so I will continue to take it (when I remember) until I see something that proves it has no benefit. LIke you said, there are so many conficting views it is hard to say who is right.
  • DreeDub
    DreeDub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I too have read a lot about the negative aspects of a multi-vitamin but I know that I'm not getting the nutrients I need without one. I was hesitant to start one until I found ItWorks. THere is a multivitamin they sell called Its Vital. I've attached a link that provides you with all the supplement details in the multi vitamin...seems like so much more than what other multi-vitamins have in them. I have also been told to compare this one to others in how fast they will dissolve into your system. The Its Vital will absorb into your body before your body rids itself of part of the nutrients, like most multi-vitamins which can take up to 8 hours to dissolve and absorb into your body.

http://www.training-academy.net/pdfs/GBL001_Vital_Ingredients.pdf
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm Back! What a weekend!!! I had a great time up north with Keith!!!!! It was a much needed break. However, now I'm paying for it! Not only did I not eat healthy...I also skipped working out! Too much to drink on Friday night resulted in no workout on Saturday and a day of being tourists on Saturday and a long drive home resulted in no workout on Sunday. Plus yesterday we had a graduation party...let's be honest...I ate what I wanted and it wasn't pretty! So...now I feel like I'm way back at Day 1 :-( Although I hate to see the scale go up...I have to admit...it was great just relaxing and not having a care/worry in the world!

Starting tonight and for the next few weeks with work being so busy I'm putting insanity on the back burner ;( I'm going to continue to try to run 3-4x a week but instead of an insanity workout on the other days...I'm going to do a 30DS workout instead...I just don't have enough time to get anything else in. If I do find that I have more time..I'll add in an ab workout too. Has anybody done Jillian Michael's 6 week 6 pack workout?! Thinking I'm going to buy that today after work and check it out!

Sorry I've been MIA...but I'm back and ready to get serious about this weight loss again! I've been much too lax!!!

Love to you all...have a great week!!!

I had one of those weeks last week. It lapsed over into the weekend where I decided to eat whatever the heck I wanted and then start working out again today.

JM 6 Week 6 Pack is a nice workout! I honestly love it! I did it back to back with 30 DS a few times. It seems like a pretty good workout!
  • cupcakelover103
    Options
    Hey guys! I do agree that if you don't think that you are getting enough nutrients from food that a multivitamin is definetly better than nothing. I'm really enjoying reading up on a lot of health related things now, i think mfp must have brought it on :)

I'm actually looking forward to this weigh in. Cant beilieve i'm saying that, but i have been doing pretty well this week and i havent taken a peek at the scale yet.
    I've booked flights to Bali on July the 7th, so now that i have a set deadline that's really got me going.
    And I've realised how important protein is to my diet. I've really tried to up the protein lately and lower my carbs slightly and i've noticed that i stay full for a lot longer. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Hope you're all staying positive!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I want to go to Bali!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take me please! :)

I e-mailed out the spreadsheet today to everyone! I also chose an interesting, yet needed, challenge for this week.. Check 'er out!
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies I'm going to kick off the challenge and, let me say, it is definitely a much needed one for me because I have been down on myself after getting off track the last 3 weeks.

Positive thought of the day:
    I am a strong, independent, and determined woman and, even though I make mistakes, I am proud of everything that I have accomplished at such a young age! :happy:
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    Awesome challenge! I love the idea!

My positve thought today is:

Although I am (presently) overweight, I am still a good person. I am teaching my daughter to love, respect and cherish herself and her self worth because I am finally doing the same thing for myself. And the most important thing I am teaching her, is that beauty is not clothes, or friends or a number on a scale, beauty is who you are inside. And I truly believe it myself!

Thanks ladies!