Could you look at my diary?

Options
Anyone who is willing to look at my diary and give me some suggestions would be really appreciated. I am just starting my weightloss journey and could use any advice that you are willing to giveaway, thanks!

Replies

• melanieliving
    melanieliving Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've looked at it, i would recommend cutting down on the take away/packaged food and focus more on healthy fats/proteins and lots of vegetables, but that's just my opinion. Do what works for you...
  • ferneyjayde
    ferneyjayde Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I know I have to figure out what works for me but it always good to see where I could try to shift my focus.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Do you find it being satisfactory or are you hungry all day? I would be starving all day if I ate like that.

Try to eat foods that have fewer calories so you can eat a larger quantity.

Some of those fast food items have huge calorie counts, and a single 500 kcal cookie, I hope it was really good!
  • melanieliving
    melanieliving Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Learn to love real food is the number one thing anyone can do for their health in my opinion.

Focus on planning and making your meals yourself, focus on getting your veggies (fresh if possible), lots of healthy fat and lean proteins. Also drink lots of water and switch to clear tea instead of that snapple if you can (saves money and cuts out artificial sweeteners)

Something like this.
    Breakfast
    2-3 eggs with sauteed vegetables and avocado (or boiled eggs and oats if you are pressed for time)
    1 piece of fruit

Lunch
    6+oz of meat with lots of greens
    nuts/seeds
    greek yogurt and berries

Dinner
    6+oz of meat and a serving of grain or starchy veg (or rice and beans if that's your thing)
    with lots of vegetables- mix of raw and cooked

Snacks (some examples)
    fruit
    vegetables and hummus
    1oz of cheese or nuts and seeds

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Intake seems fairly low on nutrient-dense foods. If you're just starting out and this helps you maintain a deficit, then tha'ts fine. But it's not a practice you should maintain long-term.

i mean... I don't see any fruits and veggies logged period :/ OH no wait, a bit of fruit last Wednesday and that seems to be it for the last week.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is willing to look at my diary and give me some suggestions would be really appreciated. I am just starting my weightloss journey and could use any advice that you are willing to giveaway, thanks!

My only suggestion is when logging exercise through mfp remember they often over estimate the burns so try to eat 50-75% of them.

It appears that you have a food scale so that's a good thing.

Goal looks fine as well...if you want ideas feel free to check my diary out. I eat 1800 a day atm (includes exercise) and anything that you can't find in the food database it's because it's logged in my recipes.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to get a better mix of protein, fat and carbs at breakfast time? I find that really helps my appetite all day long.