carb intake

Options
Hi all need help im 9st 11 fairly active and want to lose weight i need help to work out what my daily carbs should be im a carb addict esepcially the bad carbs :( bread and rice im trying to cut back what should i be aiming for pleaseeeee help x

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I eat about 250 grams per day.

I would say 35% is a good place to start for you.

I won't get into the good carb/bad carb debate.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    tinky452 wrote: »
    Hi all need help im 9st 11 fairly active and want to lose weight i need help to work out what my daily carbs should be im a carb addict esepcially the bad carbs :( bread and rice im trying to cut back what should i be aiming for pleaseeeee help x

they are not bad for you unless you eat more than your daily goal. I had two servings of brown rice for lunch with kielbasa and brocolli. It was a very satisfying lunch B)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Do you have medical issues with carbs? Your Doctor can help you with your limits.

I don't eat low carb / no bread / no rice, etc.... because that's not how I will eat for the rest of my life. I need to control portions on all foods that I eat. Diets that are temporary don't help me learn how to maintain my weight. Instead I focus on meeting my protein and fat goals. If I've eaten enough protein and fat....the rest is not as important.
  • tinky452
    tinky452 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ho all thanks for replying no i have no known medical issues i just want to lose about a stone i was doing really well before xmas got down to 9st3 then obv eeekkk xmas put 6 lb back on and it just wont shift i run watch what i eat and calorie count o eat no more than 1200 max every day so just though backing off the carbs would help x