I need patience NOW!!!

Options
andympanda
andympanda Posts: 763 Member
For the last 15 months have been happy with any downward movement of the scale. This has kept me going while loosing over 115 pounds Now that I am within a pound of hitting a BMI that is considered just overweight and not obese the scale can't move fast enough.

I know i have to be patient and keep doing what I have been doing. I also realize BMI is just a rough guide and BF% and waist measurement are better judges of progress but Evey milestone motivates me to keep going.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You haven't learned patience in 15 months? You do realize that weight loss slows the closer to goal you get, right? You should probably readjust your expectations or you're going to be in for a really rude awakening.

Good job losing 115 lbs though. Don't let 1 lb get the best of you. It'll drop when it's good and ready, just keep at it.
  • andympanda
    Options
    It's one of those right VS. left brain things. I realize it will come off when it come's off, but it's like any good thing, you just can't wait for it to happen.
  • lesstratford
    lesstratford Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    After I lost my first 300 it took me almost a year to lose the next 28. But during that time I never gained, I never gave up hope and my body changed during that year.a lot. I lost 2" on my waist and my butt finally lost its epicness.
    Have faith, it will happen.
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    After I lost my first 300 it took me almost a year to lose the next 28. But during that time I never gained, I never gave up hope and my body changed during that year.a lot. I lost 2" on my waist and my butt finally lost its epicness.

Oh my goodness... "my butt lost it's epicness" that is sooooo funny. I have a new mission .... to have a less epic butt......hahahahaha can't stop laughing.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

Oh sir, your butt will always be epic to us.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    andympanda wrote: »
    For the last 15 months have been happy with any downward movement of the scale. This has kept me going while loosing over 115 pounds Now that I am within a pound of hitting a BMI that is considered just overweight and not obese the scale can't move fast enough.

I know i have to be patient and keep doing what I have been doing. I also realize BMI is just a rough guide and BF% and waist measurement are better judges of progress but Evey milestone motivates me to keep going.

I have no patience so when I am at my wits end I go for a drive and listen to/sing Bon Jovi as loudly as I possibly can.

It's very therapeutic and I highly suggest it.
  • andympanda
    Options

I have no patience so when I am at my wits end I go for a drive and listen to/sing Bon Jovi as loudly as I possibly can.

Bon Jovi rocks, but listening to me sing is torture to all creatures around
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options

Bon Jovi rocks, but listening to me sing is torture to all creatures around

That's why you do it in the car dude!
    No one cares how loud you sing on the parkway!

WOOOOOOAAAAH WE'RE HALFWAY THERE!

*tosses mike*
  • Fiore_
    Fiore_ Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been at this almost 19 months & haven't learned patience yet either. I've found it's like a pot of water... As soon as you look away, it boils.

Find distractions. Obsess about something else for a few weeks, then go back to the scale to check your progress. Good luck!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Fiore_ wrote: »
    I've been at this almost 19 months & haven't learned patience yet either. I've found it's like a pot of water... As soon as you look away, it boils.

Find distractions. Obsess about something else for a few weeks, then go back to the scale to check your progress. Good luck!

I agree with this! I had to stop weighing myself weekly. Once you get to a certain point it is just really difficult to lose. I'm losing centimetres though, and my body is still changing. After a few weeks off, I checked back and the scale showed a small loss. I had even forgotten about the scale as I had just gotten on with things. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!