Ladies! Beer question.

Options
Sinistrous
Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
I've never been a fan of beer, but always turn it down and people don't understand why. Well, I'm not sure if I like it from the nasty beer I had many years ago, but alas cannot remember the brand.

SOOO.. Ladies. (And perhaps gents, too, if you feel like answering, but you guys tend to like some really nasty strong stuff, so yeah...)

Favorite kind of beer and why?
What does it taste like, exactly?
What's the "RIGHT" temperature for your fave beer?

Thanks! :3

Replies

• Doosz
    Doosz Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Belgian Kriek! (preferably Belle-Vue) It's cherry flavored beer, and it tastes best when you drink it really cold (but in my opinion all beers taste better when they're really cold, haha :D) Or Bavaria (I think it's less bitter than other beers...)
  • cooperjeff488
    cooperjeff488 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Love me some Kirin. It's Japanese.

But if you drink American domestic beers. Put like 3 green olives in a draft. Doesn't do much for flavor but it's a good conversation starter. The olives float up and down like a lava lamp. Lol
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I've always hated beer cuz it's bitter, but my BF drinks Coronas. He squeezes a whole lime into the Corona, some salt, and a few drops of hot sauce in it. I actually like it like that because it doesn't taste like beer at all. More like spicy lime. Or I skip the hot sauce and it really has the taste of the lime. And it's got to be cold.
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am not a beer drinker at all. I prefer wine. Beer makes my arm hairs stand up. HOWEVER, this weekend I had Smithwicks and it was AMAZING!!! I had three!!! I am going to enjoy a glass this weekend.

• atroanirbas
    atroanirbas Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    I've never been a fan of beer, but always turn it down and people don't understand why. Well, I'm not sure if I like it from the nasty beer I had many years ago, but alas cannot remember the brand.

SOOO.. Ladies. (And perhaps gents, too, if you feel like answering, but you guys tend to like some really nasty strong stuff, so yeah...)

Favorite kind of beer and why?
    What does it taste like, exactly?
    What's the "RIGHT" temperature for your fave beer?

Thanks! :3

Well I love beer! My got to beer is shocktop which is citrus herby tasting. Needs to b draft with an orange. But I am also a fan of angry orchard which is apple tasting.
  • scon13
    scon13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love beer, unfortunately. I've had to cut waaaay back now that I'm trying to be healthier. At least until I can get the balance right. My favorite beers are La Fin du Monde, Chimay blue, and some local craft beers from Cigar City Brewery, Ft. Myers Brew, and Point Ybel. I'd suggest checking out your local breweries, go to a tasting room and try a flight of their beers. Just like wine, different beers have different flavors depending on what they are made with and how they are made.
  • Amethyst314
    Amethyst314 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't like most beer, but I do like corona and desperados, with lime juice squeezed in :)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I like beer in the summer time. I'm guessing that the beers I like, probably won't be where you live :)
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I like most beer, but that's probably because it's what I grew up with. Mostly drink wine these days, but a beer never goes amiss.

In summer I like an amber/golden/pale ale. In Winter I usually go for a dark ale like a porter ale or Guinness.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Silver Bullets... all day, every day.

coors_light_silver_bullet_aluminum_pint.jpg
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Love me some Kirin. It's Japanese.

But if you drink American domestic beers. Put like 3 green olives in a draft. Doesn't do much for flavor but it's a good conversation starter. The olives float up and down like a lava lamp. Lol

LOL i'lll have to try that.

Op, I like Corona, Chang, Kirin, Sapporo, and hefeweisen. All of those are pretty light/crisp, but I also like Guinness, which is dark and more full-bodied.
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Corona - ice cold on a 100 degree day. Light flavor, but can have a slightly bitter after taste.
    Chimay, blue label - in its proper glass, very cool, not icy. Looks heavier than its tastes which is smooth and rich.
    Shandy - beer + lemonade. Cold. Need I say more?
    Shock Top w/orange wedge - Rich citrus flavor, very cool, not icy.
    Hefeweizen - meduim body, wheaty. Cold.

Now let me go pop a bottle.... B)
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Corona - preferably cold, light taste with lime and salt
    Blue Moon - preferably cold, citrusy taste with orange
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You'll probably like ciders. Apple ciders are really good, light, and basically taste like apple juice. Shocktop or Blue Moon have more of a beer taste, but yet citrus and light.

My favs I doubt you'd like - dark, thick, and basically a meal in a glass. Hunter's Point Porter, Cigar City Maduro, Smithwick's - heavy, tasty, tones of coffee.

IPA's are gross (in my opinion).

New Castle is yummy. It's an Amber Ale and not as heavy as my fav above.

Sam Adams has a bunch of good flavors/seasonal beers.

• nskinner139
    nskinner139 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I didn't read what other posted so this might be a double but BLUE MOON!!! So yummy :)
  • kiousd
    kiousd Posts: 917 Member
    Options

This. ^^^^^
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options

^This is his 2nd favorite type of silver bullet. georgeprops.gif