Water Intake

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    I drink 1/2 my weight in (ounces) water each day... that is just plain water from the bubbler and sometimes I will add a lemon or lime. I also drink a detox tea every morning along with a protien shake made with water that I never thought to add to my actual water intake until reading this thread. LOL Hmmmmmmmm

But doesn't diet soda weigh more than water?
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    So drinking 2 cups of Diet Soda counts as water intake too?

I wouldn't count it, because the artificial sweetener toxins negate your body's ability to hydrate.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I drink 1/2 my weight in (ounces) water each day... that is just plain water from the bubbler and sometimes I will add a lemon or lime. I also drink a detox tea every morning along with a protien shake made with water that I never thought to add to my actual water intake until reading this thread. LOL Hmmmmmmmm

No, it's just more dense.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    q7j58p8hddhp.jpg

If you're at the light end, that's all that matters.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    Wait, does this count as water?
    peeps-flavoured-milk.jpg

Only effective if you've completed the first phase of the Peep Cleanse.

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Really? An ounce is an ounce!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    Wait, does this count as water?
    peeps-flavoured-milk.jpg

Well done!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    peeps be peeing.
    toilet.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Now I'm confused...how does carbonation affect water? The Soda Stream thing got me.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Now I'm confused...how does carbonation affect water? The Soda Stream thing got me.

I was being cheeky that as soon as I put syrup in the water, the water completely ceases to exist. I guess it sounded better in my head than on paper. lol

• AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    JenSD6 wrote: »

I was being cheeky that as soon as I put syrup in the water, the water completely ceases to exist. I guess it sounded better in my head than on paper. lol

Hydration is serious, I do not consider your attempt at trolling with "cheeky humor" acceptable.
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Surely if you drink bottled water and it is not 100% fresh it will leech some of those plastic molecules (note the scientific bit there - not even sure if that is the correct term). But sometimes it tastes plasticy so it must have some plastic in it which must be calorific, right?
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am laughing so hard that I am crying!...but, wait, do tears count as water?
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I am laughing so hard that I am crying!...but, wait, do tears count as water?

Only if you boil them before you drink them.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    All I drink is Diet Coke. Now I'm worried that I am not actually hydrated and will die any moment.
  • clipartghost
    clipartghost Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That feature is there for your convenience. Use it however you want. If you used your "water consumption" to track the number of songs you listened to in a day MFP wouldn't care.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    Options
    That feature is there for your convenience. Use it however you want. If you used your "water consumption" to track the number of songs you listened to in a day MFP wouldn't care.

How many ounces of water does Justin Bieber's Beauty and the Beat equal to?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »

Yes it counts because the aim is ro drink that much fluid each day. The reasoning behind it is to make sure you are sufficiently hydrated so your body can function efficiently. To stay hydrated simply montor the colour of your urine and make sure its the shade of light straw or below.

What if it's the color of HEAVY straw? Am I in trouble? Should I see a doctor?

Perhaps drink more water. You could see a Dr and get some help with your other issues.
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »

Yes it counts because the aim is ro drink that much fluid each day. The reasoning behind it is to make sure you are sufficiently hydrated so your body can function efficiently. To stay hydrated simply montor the colour of your urine and make sure its the shade of light straw or below.

Except some of the afore mentioned fluids actually dehydrate your system. Sorry, coffee-lovers :) (I like coffee, too!)

Rule of thumb I was taught: drink five cups of water for every one cup of coffee or tea.