National Bike Challenge 2015

Options
BigDog
BigDog Posts: 272 Member
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all,

The fourth year of the "National Bike Challenge" will begin May 1st! So if you ride a bike even just a little you should get over there and register. It's a great way to motivate and participate in a national event that promotes and encourages health for both us and the environment. Here's the link to the challenge website: https://nationalbikechallenge.org/

If you registered and made an account last year you should already be good to go. If not then Just sign up which will automatically put you in your local and state sponsors. Plus... Once you are joined up be sure to join the MFP team I started on there so we can see how good we do racking up the points! Once registered you can then search for a team to join (Just search for MFP) If it doesn't show up then here is the direct link to the team: https://nationalbikechallenge.org/team/5521

Once signed up all you need to do is go to website at least once a week and log your miles... Currently you can also sync with Endomondo (My favorite), STRAVA, Mapmyride, and Moves apps which will then automatically log miles for you.

GET ON YOUR BIKES AND RIDE! :-)

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Thanks BigDog for posting this new thread for 2015. I did have an account last year and so I still have my MFP team. At the moment there are 58 team members for the challenge. Wouldn't it be cool to get this team up to a 100 members?
  • verdemujer
    Options
    I have a mileage goal for 2015 of riding 1600 miles this summer. The challenge helps me get there.
  • BigDog
    Options
    I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to get 42 more bicyclist to join in. Just bump this up every once in a while so people get a chance to see it. :smile:
  • Csqueers
    Csqueers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Woo. Just joined in! Any excuse to spend more time on my bike is fine by me.
  • msurads06
    msurads06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm in, thanks for posting. I had never heard of it. Hopefully it will help me stay on track for the metric century I am training for in August
  • 77natalie77
    77natalie77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This looks great! I'm aiming for 2500 miles this year. I'll sign up as soon as I can
  • ccmayw
    ccmayw Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Glad I saw this! Just signed up and will start tomorrow. Hopefully the thunderstorm will be gone by then! Thanks for sharing!
  • BigDog
    Options
    Up to 61 riders now.
  • verdemujer
    Options
    For folks new to the challenge, I really found it fun to look at the leaderboards and see how I was doing compared to other riders in my state, my community, my sponsor group and in the MFP team. This challenge kept me going most of the summer and I'm really looking forward to another great summer season of riding.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Wonderful. I did this last year and it was tons of fun.
  • Shann_Go
    Shann_Go Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Joined, thanks for sharing!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I just joined. I had never heard of this before!
  • spfldpam
    Options
    It was so nice outside today after work I skipped my gym inside workout and got the hike out and rode for 36 min and got in 4.30 miles in. It was pretty windy in some directions and my first time on the bike in 1 1/2 years. My left knee was aching some. County roads with hills and some gravel roads Burned off 306 calories according to my Polar FT7 HRM. Great workout and was sweating!!
  • BigDog
    Options
    Way to go spfldpam! We are up to 62 riders now...
  • spfldpam
    Options
    BigDog wrote: »
    Way to go spfldpam! We are up to 62 riders now...
    Thanks BigDog. I also copied your post about your group and posted it so more people that are my MFP buddies will join that are bike riders.
    Rainy here today so probably no bike ride so it will be inside gym time after work instead.
  • BigDog
    Options
    Shed the monster! ;-)

https://youtu.be/dzbvQMWd0es
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Really enjoyed this last year. Just joined for this year.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I just joined.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    finally syncs with Strava! :)
  • BigDog
    Options
    Up to 66 riders now. Wonder if we can get to 75 or even 100?