losing weight but still wanting to keep the curves?

Options
2»

Replies

• got2bfitmom
    got2bfitmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and would like to get to 120. My hubby doesn't want to me to get all muscles he said he doesn't find it attractive.
  • RoundDoz
    RoundDoz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well my understanding is...whats there will always be there just to a lesser or greater degree based on how you carry your weight. If you have curves, they wont go anywhere entirely. What ends up happening though is that some women body gives the illusion of curves with the fat pockets they carry. So when it is all gone and melted away, what truly is their natural shape and body type is revealed and they make not prefer it.

Im 5'6 and recently lost 20 lbs. I now weight 150. It may sound a bit much but I carry my weight really well...or at least the way I prefer it. Im all butt thighs and hips and unfortunately (but fortunate for me ) I cant relate to a lot of you with the tummy issues. I've always been small up top and my stomach is the first to go. My waist is always about 13-15 inches smaller than my hip area, has always stayed in the mid 20's even at my highest weight of 190, and my goal currently is to get to 23 in. (my sister holds the record of 21in and shes 33. smh) I love my figure and love it when its thicker. I dont want to lose much more weight but more so gain muscle, firm up, lift up, set in place, and get cuts along with my definition. Im not looking to look muscular as much as I am looking to just look FIT. So...I want to heavy lift because I think and have heard that will do the trick with my goals but Im so nervous about losing my extra umph! Even if I keep my shape I dont want it to be nearly unnoticeable. I like looking in the mirror and seeing the extra POW affect. You know what I mean? AM I being unrealistic? Is the fat that makes me POP, the very fat that has to be pulverized to get that fit and firmness Im looking for? Will I loose my hour glass to the point where I can barely tell its there? Just need some guidance. And as I lift...how to eat properly as a vegan soon to incorporate raw.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4 Hips 44, waist 32
    Goal is Hips 43 Waist 30
    Goal weight 169
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly booty and hips stomach is flat.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I kept my curves mostly...people say I have little hips now but they measure 38"....I got a butt.

Everything just got smaller but still an hour glass.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I lost 66lbs after my 2nd baby and kept my curves :). Currently losing after my 3rd baby and seem to be keeping my curves. Fingers crossed.

SAM_3249.jpg
    image sharing

I'm 5'6 and was 154lbs here. It was just before I found out I was pregnant with my third.
  • Donnamar86
    Donnamar86 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly curvy and want to keep it too as I lose weight. A couple of years ago I dropped about thirty pounds and spent way too much time doing cardio and lost my butt.

Now I'm being careful to strengthen that area to give it a lift without completely losing it.
    It wouldn't hurt if my belly would shrink too to define the hourglass shape :)
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" as well, large framed, hourglass. I'm 129 lbs at the moment (started ~170). I actually think weight loss has made my curves more dramatic. I lost a bunch of fat around my natural waist and ribcage, so my boobs, which stayed about the same volume (maybe went down slightly), appear to be a lot bigger. I will say that I lost a bit of my booty in the process, but the shape is much better (more bubble than bulgy). I consider my booty a work in progress at the moment and am aiming to shape it a bit more with lifting. :)